Friday, June 07, 2019

June's Elemental Inspiration Challenge.

Hello there!
We're having one of those "sunshine and showers" kind of days today.  When I say 'showers' I mean 'downpours', though.  I'm glad I'm not needing to go out today!
After a week staying with my family in Northumberland it's been really hard to get back to my craft desk - or anything else, for that matter.  So my card for the Daring Cardmakers was a bit last-minute this time.
 
As usual our first challenge of the month is an
Elemental Inspiration Challenge
For June we have this beautiful Mood Board. Remember, you just need to pick a minimum 3 elements  from the picture to use when making your card.  

If you choose to use the colour palette, then that would count as one of your elements
We also have the very talented Sonja Kaufmann joining us for the next few weeks as Guest Designer.  We've been waiting for Sonja to have a Daring Cardmakers-shaped gap in her schedule for ages, and finally it's here!
  I chose the leaves, feathers, the tags and the squares from the picture to use on my card, and decided to keep largely to the colour palette too


Info
For the background I set out lots of different leafy dies on my GoPress & Foil machine, added the soft gold foil, a piece of white Bazzill card and a couple of shim layers.  After heating I rolled the sandwich through my trusty old Cuttlebug, brought out of retirement for using with the GP&F as my eBosser just doesn't do the job!
Next I cut down and matted the foiled piece onto gold card and then adhered this to a plain white card blank.
 I cut several of the leaf dies in shades of green and gold, and sorted out 3 small pink and white feathers to use on the focus square.
A square of aqua pearlescent card was matted onto a slightly larger gold square and 3 of the larger die cut leaves were arranged behind before gluing in place
 in the lower corner of the card.
The pink and white feathers were arranged along with some of the smaller die cut leaves and adhered to the aqua square.
The stems opf a couple of roses were coiled around a bamboo skewer then glued on top of the feathers.  I tied a triple bow from narrow aqua ribbon and glued it across the stems, then die cut three tiny tags in matching colours to add to the 'bouquet'

Do you have stuff in your stash that you bought years ago and hardly ever get out to use?  The feathers are one of these things for me - I have bags of different colours bought when it seemed a good idea for some reason or other.  It was good to use some - even if it was just three of the smallest!

It would be great if you'd join in this week, we'd love you to share your creativity with us.
I hope you'll take a minute to leave a message, it's always good to read them - and I always try to reciprocate and visit your blog too.

Thanks for looking, have a great weekend

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. There is loads of stuff in my stash that doesn't get used. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Andree said...

A pretty card Kathy and a great design. Lovely colours in your focal arrangement xx

Handmade by Natty said...

Glad you had a great trip north, I think you'll have been luckier with the weather than you would have been this week. Amber warning for the next few days of constant rain!
But hey ho, if that's the case for you too hopefully it will be a good excuse to do some crafting. ;) Once again a really lovely card - that foiling really sets off the other elements and ferny foliage nicely. :D

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card. Love all the foiling and the spray of flowers, feathers and foliage. x

Shabneez said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time away. Wonderful creation as every Kathy - love all the textures. Shabneez x