Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Stylish Tree

I love being a member of the Funky Hand Design Team - and  I'm loving it even more than usual just now because I think that this year's Christmas downloads are just fantastic - they've definitely helped me get into the swing of my Christmas crafting.  My Cword card box is looking a lot more healthy now. Still a long way to go, but at least the cards cover the bottom of the box now, and there may be enough to stand them up in there soon.  Haven't been brave enough to count them yet though as it's always a disappointment when you find you've not made anywhere near as many as you thought you had :)

This year with each of  the Funky Hand downloads under the "Oh Come All Ye Crafters* banner you get a package of:
15 papers,
a page of "ribbons"
the matching Wordbook.

 There are EIGHT colour collections to choose from and there's a collection of cute and funky Digital Images too
Click Here to visit the Funky Hand Shop to see all the Christmas Stash and lots of projects made using it all 

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards and a "magic box" made using the "Stylish Tree" papers
 I love the mix of deep and soft colours in this paper set and thought they'd work well with this flower die - it's not a poinsettiabut it'll do ;)

Papers: All Funky Hand "Stylish Tree" download collection
Marianne flower die set,  Punch; tiny snowflake
Glamour Dust glitter, Various pearls and gems, 
Home-made sentiment sticker




Papers: All Funky Hand "Stylish Tree" download collection
"Snowflake Tree" die; Memory Box,  Punch; tiny snowflake
Glamour Dust glitter,  Tiny silver and red gems; Anita's Gem Wheels, 
Home-made sentiment sticker
I've been meaning to have a go at making one of these boxes for ages and I knew that this particular set of papers would be perfect for the project
 Remove the lid and base and the whole "box" springs open to reveal four smaller boxes which all unflod like this:
 It would have been a shame not to make a spectacular embellishment for the lid - the sort of thing it's a bit harder to add to a card but is such fun to make.  I love the way it turned out!
Papers: All Funky Hand "Stylish Tree" download collection
Dies:  
2x  Spellbinders Snowflakes for flower base.  6x Amana Circles (Memory Box) for main flower - 
Stickles Gold Ice glitter glue, Paper swirls made from scraps

I've got a feeling I'll be using this collection a lot for my cards this year - and as there are several designs that aren't Christmas-specific I'll be using them for other projects too.  
Thanks for looking, I hope you'll come by again soon

3 comments:

Kaz said...

Just gorgeous Kathy. I love all the bitty bits (cant think of the proper word) that make it special.
Those papers are pretty too xxx

Angelnorth said...

Great cards, love the snowflake paper on the first one especially! The box looks fabulous too and you're quite right - the perfect vehicle for a "frou frou" embellishment on top!

Traceyr said...

wow what an ingenious box Kathy and fantastically decorated. :)