Friday, April 08, 2011

Draw a Bird Day!

It's Lythan's turn to set the dare for the Daring Cardmakers this week and she's found something fun to challenge us with
"Did you know that April 8th is officially draw a bird day? 
Me neither until I was stuck for a dare and looked up the significance of April 8th. 
So let's give it a go!
Draw a bird
If you really can't face drawing your own bird then I will allow stamped 
or paper pieced birds as well."

Well I can't draw for toffee - it's something I'd quite like to be able to do but am too lazy to go to classes to learn!  But I decided not to chicken out (ooooohhhhh a pun, a pun hehehe) - after all it's supposed to be a challenge, isn't it?
Here's the card I made
I took my inspiration from the MME 6x6 pad "Tickled Pink" and used papers from the pad to make the card.  There are lots of little birds on the paper and I drew my own bird on one of those. One of the papers has bunting at the top and another has little birds standing on lollipop flowers
I used:
All papers: My Minds Eye 6x6 pad "Tickled Pink",
Spellbinders Dahlia dies to make flowers, Gingham Ribbon, 
Brads, Stickles (Black, Orange), Homemade decal rub-ons for sentiment
 I drew the lines for the bunting then just hand-cut little triangles to stick along them - I left the lower points unstuck so I could curl them up for a bit of a fluttering effect
This was version 2, I didn't like version 1 and I'm not very keen on this one either but yesterday went rather to pot so I didn't get round to trying again!
Still hoping the mojo fairy will pay a visit soon!

Thanks for looking - please check out the rest of the team's cards and don't forget the DT call on the Daring Cardmakers, it's a fab team to be part of and there's still plenty of time to get your applications in.

11 comments:

Karen said...

I really don't understand why you don't like this one my lovely as I think its a smashing card! Its really pretty and Springlike. I love your lollipop flowers! xxx

Kaz said...

Oohh this is so pretty Kathy and you CAN draw!! Love your little birdie xxx

Angelnorth said...

Pretty, springy and fun! I think your bird looks great - I'd have been able to tell it was a bird without having to be told so it passes the drawing test as far as I'm concerned!

Lynda said...

Oh it's lovely Kathy - don't know why you don't like it - it's just full of life!

Love Lynda xxx

Traceyr said...

Your bird is very sweet Kathy - love the 3D effect of the bunting too.

:)

Lythan said...

this is just adorable Kathy - thansk for persevering!

Janice said...

Sweet birdie Kathy.

Rika said...

This is pretty, sweet bird,
love those flowers.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

What a fabulous card - I LOVE those flowers, and the bunting looks great, and it all works so well with those patterned papers - gorgeous!!

Allison said...

what a fab card Kathy
AllisonX

Jules said...

Kathy this is amazing .. .. I love it!!

Can't think why you are not so keen!!

Fabby colours.

Love Jules xx