Friday, December 15, 2006

It's all here in Black and White

Friday comes but once a week....


And here it is again, bringing a fab new Dare from the Daring Cardmakers. This week we'd like you to make a Christmas card using only Black and White - and just to make it easier, you're allowed to add a tiny splash of colour if you like.


The cards from the team are fantastic so do go and check out this week's DCM blog, hopefully you'll be inspired to have a go at this one - using the simple B&W theme made a really enjoyable change from all the usual Christmassy Colour Overload!
For my effort I used glitter card in black and white. The tree is a Quickutz die and the greeting is the QK Katie alphabet, Classic size.


The star beads are threaded and wound around with silver thread.


I'm still making Christmas cards (so much for having them all in the post on Dec 1st) This is the latest batch. Months ago I bought a pack of silver papers at one of those garden centres with a craft shop in it.
When I opened it I wasn't inspired, but the other day I thought I'd have a go at using them with the cereal-packet chipboard. I cut narrow strips of a few of the papers, stuck them along the card then cut wonky tree shapes (yep, again!) so that a bit of each paper is on each tree. I was really pleased with the result. Some fon't quite qualify for the DCM Dare but a couple just about scrape in there, I think!
I'm going to some more like this for the neighbours - I always end up leaving these till the last minute!
I must get on with some other orders today - A Baby's first Christmas card, then for just after Christmas a 70th birthday card, and a Baby's First Birthday, plus I have a baby album to decorate too.
So much for getting more pages done for my Aunt's scrapbook then....



Right, now I'm off out to pick up OH's car from the garage. See you all later

5 comments:

Rhi said...

Wow Kathy you busy bee! I love the silver trees, beautiful :)
Rhi x

Jo said...

Yummy cards, Mrs B! Trees are just somehow so fab on Christmas Cards, simple and effective.

jo x

Gillian said...

Kathy I love your B&W with a Splash card it is really gorgeous. The beads look great on it too.. & more beautiful Christmas cards, boy you have been busy, they are lovely...

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous cards, haven't you been busy. I cheesed off becasue I am having internet problems & today it is the email's turn!!!!!
Can't send can't recieve..aargh

Joanne Bain said...

Hi Kathy
Stunning cards

Joanne