Monday, July 24, 2006

Crafty Catch-Up

What a disaster. I just wrote a nice big entry, loaded some photos pressed the "publish" button and the whole lot just disappeared in a "page not available" message. I could weep!

Now I've got to start again. And this time I'll remember to "save as draft" to be on the safe side!!!

OK. The latest template challenge on the
CBC Forum is this one.
I'd really like to challenge anyone reading this blog to have a go at making a card, scrapbook LO, peice of altered art, ATC etc using this template - then add a picture of your creation to your own blog and drop by here to leave a message so I can come and see what you did. So there - that's the gauntlet laid down, are you brave enough to pick it up?


Here's the first card I've done.

I used Making Memories papers from the "Simply Fabulous - Meg" set, with beading, ribbon, a vellum tag and some Prima flowers.

The second card is (probably) going to be the one I give Hubby for our 13th Anniversary on 31st July. I made a little pocket for the front this time so I could put a tag in it - that's the bit with the hearts on. The pocket has ribbon and lace on it - the lace because that's supposed to be the traditional gift for a 13th Anniversary!

The background is a silvery paper, then some dark red Bazzill card and then the main papers are from the Blonde Moments Suet Pudding range.

I made this watch strap last weekend but forgot to show it on here. It caused me loads of hassle as I was using two needles and kept getting tangled up, then I realised that having 5 loops either side of the watch face was way too long so I had to do the whole thing again - much cursing and clenching of teeth I can assure you! Still, when I'd finally finished I was quite pleased with the result so I guess (hhhhmmmm?) it was worth the effort! It's made with aqua and blue Swarovski crystals with some sterling silver beads between.

3 comments:

Roo said...

Love that watch strap - very cool. Your cards are cool too and your lo down last post is just cute as. Well done you busy beaver.

Kathleen Pitt said...

o0o that watch strap is gorgeous!! how clever are you!

Rachel said...

that is gorgeous Kathy