Friday, September 02, 2022

September's Elemental Inspiration challenge

 


Hello, 
And yet again I've fallen behind with blogging so I'm going to keep posts short and to the point in the hope that I can keep up with new stuff and catch up on my unblogged bits and pieces too/
We'll see how that goes!
 
This week its time for September's Elemental Inspiration challenge over at the Daring Cardmakers. 
 Our lovely Miri chose the mood-board this time

With these challenges you need to choose a minimum of 3 elements from the picture to use when making your card - and we don't mind a bit of 'artistic licence!
From Miri's picture I've gone with the rectangles and circles, leaves, shoelaces and all the lovely texture'

I chose some printed Kraft paper plus some corrugated card to cut the rectangles for the background.  The piece of corrugated card still had a little bit the brown paper upper layer stuck to it, but I liked how it looked so left it there.

To echo the crosses on the shoelaces I used some thread down the side and made a couple of cross stitches too

For the circles I used my Tonic nested circles set with some white and deep blue Bazzil card

The flowers are made using a craft punch and the leaves are die cut

I've not added a sentiment yet as I'm not sure what it will be, or where it will go either! Maybe on the circles, or perhaps under the corrugated rectangle

 
Thank you so much for coming by
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 

 
 
Standing with Ukraine



4 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love your choice of elements, inspired take on the shoelaces! That dark blue looks fab with the kraft and all the texture. I think I might be inclined to leave it without a sentiment, it looks lovely as it as and you can write whatever you like on the inside.

Handmade by Natty said...

Lots of lovely elements on your card Kathy, and they all come together beautifully for that late summer vibe. :D

Miri said...

Your card is great! I love the brown, blue and pink colour combination and the texture and layers you added :-)

Dawn said...

Very pretty. I love the touch of corrugated card and the lovely stitching down the side.