Friday, June 24, 2022

Midsummer

 


Hello
I hope you’ve had a good week 
Today I’m sharing the card I’ve made for this week's Daring Cardmakers Challenge. When I first saw Jenny’s challenge I was reminded of a book I listened to a while back which was set around the Midsommar celebrations in Sweden. Among the traditions of the festivities is the making and wearing of flower headdresses, and I thought this was something  I could use as a starting point for a card., 

 HiJenny here to host this week's challenge!  

 Midsummer
As today is Midsummer's day - a day to appreciate all the gifts that nature provides.  
This week I dare you to make a card inspired by Midsummer. 
 Share your appreciation of nature and maybe even include some natural elements e.g. pressed flowers, leaf prints.
whatever you associate with life at the beach or by the water.

In the end my idea for some kind of ‘circlet’ of flowers morphed into more of a bunch of flowers but I added twigs and plenty of leaves to echo the beautiful flower crowns of Swedish Midsommer 

I stencilled pale blow stripes with a pretty Nuvo Embellishing Mousse, then glued a blue skeleton leaf over it  next I adhered a strip of corrugated card from some packaging for the background 

 Using some old Spellbinders dies I cut some twiggy shapes, then different shaped petals from pink and white card and arranged them on top.  I added a sentiment, the wooden circle with a cut out heart and a twine bow  next I die cut lots of leaves to tuck amongst the flowers - I almost always add leaves and swirls last!

Thank you so much for coming by

 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 



 
Standing with Ukraine


No comments: