Friday, April 29, 2022

Celebrate!

 

 Hello!


I've been a bit MIA from my blog as we were lucky enough to have ourselves a little trip away.  We spent the first few days in the North Yorkshire Dales and then carried on heading north to spend the rest of our break with my family on the Northumbrian coast - it was just glorious!
Now of course I have some catching up to do as even before we went away I'd let things slip on the blogging front!
 

This week it's Shabneez setting the challenge 

for the Daring Cardmakers;

Celebrate!
It’s almost time for me to celebrate the festival of Eid which marks the end of a month of fasting. I’d love to see a card celebrating any occasion you please but it should contain the word ‘celebrate’!

Click here to see the lovely projects the design team made:
 


With a whole truckload of cards to make for May birthdays (and mostly the dreaded male ones). using the word Celebrate as a theme really works for lots of cards so prepare to see a lot of it over the next few weeks!
 
Info
I've used a smooth white card blank, but trimmed about 1.5 cms off the edge to make a fat rectangle.  I die cut a tag from the same white card. I cut some narrow strips of card in yellow and shades of blue to adhere across the card, and slightly narrower ones to glue across the tag
Using the same colours I cut some balloons in a couple of sizes (small one is from an old Spellbinders set, larger one from dies that cane in a Papercraft Society kit) 
The dark blue string for the balloons was salvaged from clothing tags
I matted a scrap of white card onto a strip of the dark blue and added the Celebrate sentiment (also from a Papercraft Society kit)
I shaped the balloons slightly with a large ball tool (bought from a sugarcraft stockist) and added pieces of chipboard between the various layers to add some dimension
 

 Thank you so much for coming by
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe, 





1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie