Friday, September 17, 2021

Upcycled Circles

 

 Hello!

This week at the Daring Cardmakers our lovely Jenny is the challenge 
setter and she's
 
Going Round in Circles!

I'd love to see circles of all sizes on your cards, you could use a round card base, a circle frame or include some spotty and dotty patterns.  I can't wait to see what you get a-round to!;)

To start you off with some ideas the design team have made some fab projects, which you can check out by clicking HERE
 
I've done a bit of upcycling with my card - we'd just chomped our way through a box of M&S chocolates and I'd had my eye on the grey and turquoise box ever since it arrived in the house! 
So, I used some of the card from the box along with some scraps of yellow and red, and one of my favourite die sets to make a card with a more masculine feel


 Info
White square card
Turquoise and Grey card upcycled from a box of chocolates
Yellow and red card from my scraps box
Two sizes of Tonic's Scribbled Circles die set - I put the smaller one inside the larger one before cutting and saved the 'waste' bit to use aswell. 
The large letters are cut using an Altenew die set, but I'm not sure about the small ones as I've lost the insert card (it might be Sizzix) 
For the stars I've used an EK Success punch which punches several sizes and shapes of star in one punch
 

 
It's a simple and effective kind of design which works well for masculine cards with the stars, or maybe some gears instead, but would easily look more feminine with flowers and butterflies etc
The bit that took the longest was getting those little letters cut and arranged!
 
Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to hear from you.  Otherwise I think I'm just talking to myself (again)
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,


1 comment:

Angelnorth said...

Fun design Kathy, love the turquoise and greay combo, I can see why that caught your eye as a chocolate box!