Friday, September 24, 2021

The Call of the Wild

 

  Hello!

Its been one of those weeks when everything seems to be harder work than it should be.  Consequently, I've not achieved many ticks on my to-do list. I can't be the only person who has weeks like that, can I? I have a few cards I need to make, and then there's the whole Cword making thing lurking on the horizon. Now that my birthday has gone, I will concede that the end of summer is nigh and I need to start at least thinking about Cword cards!

As it happens I was a bit stuck for ideas for Nat's DCM challenge this week and after much hunting through dies and shuffling paper I decided to dip my toe in the Cword card icy pool 

Here's Nat with this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge:
  
This week, I'm inviting you to take a walk on the wild side by featuring animal prints or wild animals on your card.

The inspiration came from my niece, who is currently going through a phase of being "a tiger" - ah the life ambitions of the young. So of course, I had to make a tiger card for her birthday!

To get you started, click HERE to see Nat's tiger card and the fabulous card ideas from the rest of the design team.

I'm not a great fan of animal print paper, fabric, clothing etc but surely I must have a bit of somewhere in my stash?  Well I couldn't find any, and I don't have much in the way of animal dies either so in the end I made my first Chrismtas card of the year. 

 Info
White square card stencilled with a large, off-centre circle in black ink then with a Navy Embellishing mousse for depth and shine
The trees are cut in dark green and in textured silver card using a Sizzix die - I was using these for the first time and have top
 report that neither of these tree dies cut well so I'm not impressed.
The deer are from a couple of different die sets - I've been lazy and not noted down where they are from, but I can tell you that these cut very well!  Even the fiddly antler bits came out easily!
The sentiment is cut in red using a Lawn Fawn die and it cut out beautifully, despite being a really fine and fiddly font.
To finish, I used some tiny jewels for stars and red noses, and added some punched stars
 
That's all for this time - if you've got that Sizzix tree die set I'd be interested in knowing whether yours cuts out cleanly so please let me know.
 
Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to hear from you.  Otherwise I think I'm just talking to myself (again)
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,

 

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning Christmas card. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

Great little herd of deer, this looks fab Kathy. Can’t help with the tree die, I’m afraid, not one I own - try shimming maybe?

Handmade by Natty said...

Lovely card Kathy, and yay for getting a start on your Christmas cards. ;) Can't put it off much longer.