Friday, July 24, 2020

The Power of Three


 Hi there 
How has your week been?  Good I hope!
Not much going on around here, but we are well, and sometimes that's enough,
Our Wedding Anniversary is coming up, so I thought I'd try and make a card for OH that would also work for this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge.
 The Three Musketeers 
Joanne here today and as a big reader I can always find an excuse for a literary connection! It’s the birthday of author Alexandre Dumas today - The Three Musketeers is probably his most famous work so 
let’s celebrate the power of three!
 Show us three of something on your cards this week.

There are things I like, and things I'm not so keen on, with the card I made, so this may not be the card he actually receives in the end!
But there are several sets of three; circles, small red hearts, tiny gold hearts, gems, kisses
Info
Smooth wghite card for the card base and more for the stencilled panel,
The upper panel was randomly stencilled (Kaleidoscope stencil by Crafters Workshop) with a couple of shades of aqua ink, aqua and gold Nuvo Embellishing Mousse. Before adhering to the card I rubbed a little
gold Nuvo Embellishing Mousse around the edge.
The heart is three layers of card die cut with one of a set from Bright Rosa, glued together and inked with a few shades of  Distress Inks to build up the depth of colour.  I then covered the whole heart with Glossy Accents, then sprinked over some Glamour Dust and left overnight to dry.
The Scribble Circles are from a Tonic Studios die set, the word dies are from a couple of different Spellbinders sets and the small heart dies are from various places.
To colour the words I inked a piece of card to match the deep aqua ribbon, covered it with a layer of PVA and left to dry before cutting out the words/  The colour is less green than it looks on the photo!
That's all for today, I hope you like it - but if you have suggestions on making it better then I'd love to hear them.
Thank you so much for visiting, I hope you'll leave a comment, I'm so grateful and happy when someone leaves a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe
 

3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

I think it works really well Kathy - I'm sure OH will love it! Shabneez x

Angelnorth said...

Packed with threes and I think it works (I know I'm a bit late otherwise but I really do think it works!) - hope you both had a fab day!