Friday, November 01, 2019

Snowflake Wreath


Hello!
Still struggling with my Autumnal woes, but give it a week or two and the tilt towards Christmas will help things along a bit!
Over at the Daring Cardmakers the countdown starts this week, and we have a lovely new Guest Designer to add to the fun.

We always start our seasonal calendar with the first challenge in November and this year its a mix of card challenges and others where you can share any kind of crafting project on our given themes, so tags, bags, boxes or anything else you make. We're calling it:
Have a Very Crafty Christmas

This week though, we're sticking to cards and as it's the first day of a new month it's an 
Elemental Inspiration Challenge  
For November we have this lovely, Wintry mood board for you to play with.
Remember, you just need to pick a minimum 3 elements  from the picture to use when making your card.  If you choose to use the colour palette, then that would count as one of your elements.
 Visit the Daring Cardmakers blog to see what our designers have made


Info
I chose the wreath, the greenery and the snowflakes to use on my card.
 
I started by resizing and printing a digital design from 'Romantic Letters' via Etsy onto the lower part of a piece of A4 card - so that when I trimmed it down and folded it the patterned section would be in the right place!
For the wreath I used 2 nesting circle dies to cut the shape.  I cut the shape twice and glued them together and also added small pieces of chipboard to the back to add some dimension
Next I chose several bough and 'greenery' dies and vut them in a variety of greens, plus a few in gold and white to cover the base of the wreath.
I chose a few of my snowflake dies and cut them in white, gold and turquoise-blue and glued them in place.
To finish I cut a few holly leaves and berries, and made the 'Joy' sentiment, adding a red and white twine bow to complete the card.
Lots of die cutting and sticking involved with this one!


I hope you'll pop over to see the fab cards the DT have made this week, and of course it would be wonderful to have you join in with the Daring Cardmakers this week

Thanks for looking in today

Happy Crafting!


3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous card Kathy great wreath you have made
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love the wreath you have created. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Miri said...

Super pretty! I love the idea of combining a Christmas wreath and snowflakes!