Friday, November 08, 2019

Baubles and Bows Gift Bag

 
Hello!
Even though I've still not come to terms with the short days and long dark evenings, I am trying to be more positive and having a bit of fun by doing lots of Christmas crafting.  In fact, I think I may be doing ok with Christmas card making for once and there's enough for them to graduate to being kept in a box, instead of a wobbly pile.


Over at the Daring Cardmakers we're into the second week of
 our seasonal calendar;
Have a Very Crafty Christmas
its a mix of card challenges and others where you can share any kind of crafting project on our given themes, so tags, bags, boxes or anything else you make.
This week is an 'Anything Goes' challenge and the theme is 

Baubles and Bows

So, feel free to share any kind of craft project, but it must feature 
Baubles and Bows, please
See what the DT have been busy with this week HERE

As I needed to get one Christmas gift ready really early, I thought this challenge would be perfect for making and decorating a gift bag to put it in.
I used digital downloads to print all the papers I've used for this.  The bag is a variation on a simp[le to make design I've used countless times.  I changed it a bit by creating a flap-over closure, which made the perfect place to add the giant paper bow, with a couple of silver baubles hanging down from the tie holes.
 

Info
I chose the wreath, the greenery and the snowflakes to use on my card.
I started by resizing and printing some digital designs from 'Karamila' (via Etsy), onto sheets of A4 Bazzill white card.  I printed on both sides of the sheets for the bow.
For the bow I used a large die set by Simply Made Crafts.  The shape of the bow wasn't what \I wanted for this project so I altered it so that the large loops sat more on top of each other.
 I used a very old Spellbinders die set to cut the Baubles from silver card and attached silver thread between the layers so that I could tie them on later.

The dies to cut the twirly pieces and the snowflakes on the bauble are also in the Bow making die set.
I do love making gift bags like this, they are so simple to put together and adapt to the size and shape you need.
 This one is about 15cmsH, 12cmsW and 4cms deep

I hope you'll pop over to see the fab things the DT have made this week, and of course it would be wonderful to have you join in with the Daring Cardmakers this week

Thanks for looking in today

Happy Crafting!


3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kathy this is gorgeous and elegant
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning Christmas card. I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Gwyneth said...

This is a gorgeous card Kathy.
GG