Friday, October 18, 2019

Black Christmas


Hello!

Just a quick post today as I'm not  feeling well this week.  I did manage a couple of cards for Svenja's challenge, to the Daring Cardmakers this week though I'm not at all happy with the first one and I think it will be heading for the bin.

With days getting shorter and Hallowe'en coming closer I thought it might be a nice idea to really focus on the dark (and maybe the colourful against it). It's Svenja here and I'd like to take you
back to black

with me. So make a card that features the colour black as the main colour or as a distinctive central element. Sounds too sad for you? Just take a look at the Design Team's happy and fun makes!
Click HERE to visit the blog and see all the lovely cards made by our Designers
The first card I made turned out much more complicated and a bit of a trial ro get toi work, which is probably why I dislike it so much!

Info
Base card is inked up to create the background.
The snowman building die was cut a couple of times so that I could layer it up with some thick card between to give some dimension.
Once in position I die cut the Circle apertures in black and
 white athen matted over the top.
I added tiny white circles for snow and silver stars to the background, and die cut the sentiment in red for a splash of colour


Lots of inking and die cutting and faffing about with foam tape etc for this and definitely not worth the time and effort.  You win some and you lose some, eh?

Ny contrast, the second idea went together in about 10 minutes start to finish, and is much more the simple and striking kind of card I like to make at Christmas time

Info
White card blank
Scalloped square die cut in black
Cute Scribbled Square with Joy sentiment is cut in silver glitter card using a Memory Box die 
The Silver glitter stars are cut using various dies and punches

I'm going to jus this idea using other colours and other Christmassy focus elements as I really love how simple it is and how cute it looks when finished.

I hope you'll pop over to see the fab cards the DT have made this week, and of course it would be wonderful to have you join in with the Daring Cardmakers this week

Thanks for looking in today


Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have made a beautiful and a lovely card Kathy

gr karin

Svenja said...

Fab cards, Kathy - and two even! I especially like the black snowmen, such a cool idea.