Friday, October 11, 2019

A Scraps Challege


Hello!

A little crafting question for you today?  Do you keep a lot of scraps, odds and ends etc. to use up later - and do you ever get around to using them?
I have loads!  Including a large pizza box full of digital papers of various shapes and sizes. It was this particular box I turned to for Miri's challenge
to the Daring Cardmakers this week
 
Use up Your Scraps

Are there some papers etc. you want to use up before the new year?  Is there a paper pad that is lying around since forever?
 Is your scrap box overflowing?
 Do you have a collection of coloured stamped images that never fit on your current projects? 
Show us what you create with scraps and papers you want to get rid of.
Click HERE to visit the blog and see all the lovely cards made by our Designers
From the digi papers box I pulled three squares of coordinating papers, part of a selection I'd printed out for a tiny maze book project but didn't use in the end. 
I used two of the pieces to make the background panel for my card, and hand cut the extra flower embellishments from the third.


Info
The papers are one of the lovely collections by Grepic via Etsy.  They were printed onto white textured Bazzill card.
Scraps of white and deep aqua card for the sentiment and matting strips are from the colour-coded boxes of scrap card (yes, I really am that sad!)
The entiment is I think from Lawn Fawn
ITo finish, I add just a little bling with some tiny jewels in the flower centres and a few as a line on the white part of the cards


I hope you'll pop over to see the fab cards the DT have made this week, and of course it would be wonderful to have you join in with the Daring Cardmakers this week

Thanks for looking in today


Happy Crafting!


7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are beautiful cards Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. I am nearly always using up scraps but the pile of them never seems to go down. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

These are beautiful Kathy and such a great way of using up scraps. I enjoyed this challenge! Shabneez x

Miri said...

Beautiful papers and beautiful cards! I love it that you only used your leftover printouts for these cute cards.

Jan said...

Great thank you cards Kathy xx Jan

Svenja said...

These are lovely :-)

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

so very gorgeous, love your use of scraps and they match perfectly