Friday, May 10, 2019

Time to Celebrate

Hello

It's TIME for a new challenge over at the Daring Cardmakers and Sylvia has set the them this week
We are into May already and nearly half way through the year, Where does time go!  This week I would like to see
 "A Moment In Time"
featured in your cards, it could be clocks, watches, hour glass, or a time such as fairytale once upon a time, or Victorian, swinging sixties, tea time, play time, work time, anything time related. 
 Its still the Month of Mainly Males for my card requirements, so I decided to make a more masculine looking card for this challenge
Info
To begin with I cut a square of plain white card to 14x14 and embossed it with Teresa Collins A4 "About Time" embossing folder (I don't have a smaller one so had to make this do!)
I used small ink pads in a few shades of blue to colour the embossed image, and then rubbed over with Alchemy Wax in
silver and gold with my fingers to get a more interesting colour mix and
a lovely soft sheen finish.  This was trimmed down slightly and adhered to a dark blue card blank
 

The large sentiment panel was made on the pc, as was the smaller Happy Birthday piece
 I die cut the gold and white circles, plus a 'hanger' from a Christmas Bauble set in gold to create the pocket watch, adding tiny silver gems for the 'numbers' and a couple of pointers hand-cut from scraps of the gold card.
 I used some gold twine to  make a chain (like when casting on in knitting, or the first chain you make in crochet)
Then it was just a case of arranging and adhering the carious pieces to finish the card


I hope you like it, I'd love to hear what you think so please add a comment if you can. It would be great to see your own ideas on this theme, you can see the rest of our cards, and join in HERE
Thank you so much for visiting
 
Happy Crafting




4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fabulous male card, love the embossed background and the computer generated sentiment. I struggled when it came to the watch chain, how clever to make a chain stitch from gold twine.

Sylv xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Kathy love it

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Wonderful creation Kathy - that background is gorgeous! Shabneez x