Friday, April 22, 2016

Cafe Culture

Hello, Happy Friday!
It's not as sunny here as its been most of the week, but  our internet is now fixed (fingers crossed) so all is not lost!
It's Daring Cardmakers Day and it's Leo who has issued this week's challenge:
"This week I'd like you to take inspiration from your favourite cafe or coffee hang out. It could be something that's served, muffins, pastries, doughnuts, cookies, tea, coffee etc. Or it could be the colours or a motif or the packaging. Got your idea yet? Check out the design teams cards [HERE] to give you more ideas, and don't forget we'd love to see what you've made. Have fun!"

My plan was to make a card in the shape of my favourite coffee shop tipple, a big cup of cappuccino.  I have just the template to use for this, but could I find it?  No I couldn't - I really, really need to sort out my cutting files!

I did however, find a mug template, so I loaded that onto the Silhouette Cameo along with one of a cherry muffin.  Although these two template sets are different in size, it's easy to adjust that on the Silhouette 'page' and arrange different elements to fit whatever size you want. 
Info
Bazzill card; white, red, brown
All pieces except the small hearts were cut on the Silhouette
I used a stencil stencil for adding the circle pattern to mug and cake case

(Regimented Circles - Crafters Workshop, Balzer Designs)

Cats' Eye Inks; green, brown and red
White Posca Pen, Glossy Accents for cherries
Tiny Heart punch for hearts pm the plate edge 
The muffin is mounted onto a box hinge (like the cover of a matchbox) so that it folds flat to go in an envelope, but then stands out form the card
 for some dimensional action!

That's all for this time, thanks for visiting.  It would be fab if you'd leave a message :)

11 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Kathy, I love the design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

Great card Kathy
Gr Karin

Dianne said...

Your card is perfect....it makes me want to run to the nearest coffee shop for goodies!

Angelnorth said...

Cleverly put together and those cherries look delicious!

Janet Packer said...

Beautiful card Kathy - love how you can rescale just about any file in the Silhouette Studio software.x

Laine said...

This is fabulous Kathy. Such a bright, colourful and cheering creation on a dull cold day!
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the bright colours. This card is right up my street I love my coffee and cake. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

Sylvia said...

Great combination coffee and a muffin, fabulous card.

Sylv xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Kathy, really clever design. Cathy x

Gwyneth said...

Great idea to combine the mug and the cake on your card. Nice finishing touches with things like the glazed cherries as well.

Dawn said...

Such a yummy little card!
Hugs
Dawn xx