Wednesday, December 07, 2011

A Notebook A Sketch and a Bit of Excitement!

I've managed to get behind with blogging the things I've been making again. Needless to say, it's Christmas cards I've mainly been making but before I share one I've made using the new sketch on The Sketch File, I'll break away from Christmas and show you the notebook I made as part of MIL's birthday present a couple of weeks back.  I used a cheap notepad from Wilko's then created a spined cover from cereal box chippie to wrap around the notepad.  I made a loop inside to hold a cut-down pencil to finish it off.
Materials:
Papers all SEI  (Juliette, I think),
Cereal packet cardboard, 
Seam binding (grey and pink0 and pink card candy from Creative Treasures
Tools:
Memory Box rosette die, Spellbinders labels 18

I was quite pleased with how it turned out so I may make one or two more for Christmas presents
 - I've bought a stack of 18p notepads and a pack of 30 pencils from Poundland just in case hehe

On Tuesday the December sketch was posted over on The Sketch File
I decided to give the sketch a bit of a rotation  for my card, and used the sketch like this:
 Here's my card:

Materials:
Papers|: Simple Sroies 6x6 Christmas pad
Father Christmas is a Funky Hand image from Twelve Crafters Crafting CD, made inot a Craft Robo template,
Card: Bazzill (red, white, yellow, black), Stickles glitter glue: Black, Red
Narrow gold lurex ribbon (John Lewis)
Tools:
Craft Robo, Circle punch


Do you get the magazine "Simply Homemade"?  I was thrilled to bits to find out that this blog was mentioned on their Inspiring Blogs page. 

 Exciting huh?  It was a lovely surprise when my crafty forum friend Janice said she'd seen it - I had the mag added to my groceries order pdq, I  don't mind telling you!
Well that's it for today, I've completely failed to go near my craft desk for the best part of two whole days so I'm going to go there now and see if I can figure out what to do for my Daring Cardmakers offering this week.
Thanks for visiting

10 comments:

Anice said...

Is there nothing you can't create of beauty with a cheap note pad and some cereal box cardboard? It's no surprise to me that your blog was included in the magazine as an inspiraton. It always is. I count myself lucky to be able to work with you.
Anice xx

Unknown said...

OMG Kathy - that notepad is absoloutely gorgeous. WOW. I wouldn't expect anything different - but its still a WOW! Love those papers you used too. Do the notepads come like that or do they have any type of cover you have to take off for example.

Congrats on the blog mention - I hope peeps come and see you - there is so much inspiration on this blog and all of your stuff is so stunning that there is no wonder it got noticed... whoop whoop!!!

Sorry about the dog thing on FB - I completely read it was dog and then said could I have a paw print - I bet you thought I was off my rocker lol xxx

Hugs

Paula x x x

Angelnorth said...

Love the Nestie label "loop" inside the notepad, great idea! The sketch looks great that way round and congrats on having the blog featured - no suprise though!

Gez Butterworth said...

Great sketch as always Kathy, love how you have turned it around! FAB idea with the notebook.xx

Wonderful to hear you getting some well deserved credit for your inspiring creations. Hats off! xx

Had to smile at Paula's comment.. isn't she the best too!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

How exciting!! Well done you :)

Anonymous said...

Kathy!!! Your notebook is absolutely amazing - truly beautiful!! I love your card too. Well done on your feature - very well deserved!
xx

Jackie said...

I love the note book, and well done on getting mentioned in the mag....well deserved! xx

Kaz said...

I'm not surprised you got a mention in the mag, your makes are always so inspirational and gorgeous!
Love the notebook, the pencil placing is brilliant. And I love the card and sketch, if I get the chance I'll be using that!! xxx

Tip Top said...

Gotta love the Poundshop and stock up when you can cos next time its not there!!

And great news re the mention - I'm so oblivious to these things!!

tracy said...

i love the note book kathy:) how exciting to be in a mag-but i'm not surprised you got mentioned,you have a great blog here :)