Friday, December 02, 2011

Jolly Holly

Well, I'm late posting again - not as late as the last couple of weeks, but still late - this time it's not entirely my fault as we had an internet hiccup this morning and I feel I've been playing catch-up on the day ever since. It's caused a load of hassle for my poor hubby who should be working from here today but ended up having to go to the office - long tedious story (aren't they always), Eventually it turned out that the problem wasn't here after all despite the "it's not at our end, we'll have to get an engineer out to you", that said engineer would not be needed and we wouldn't have to wait till Monday (agghh!) for him to come anyway - and hey presto! the internet came back. phew!

Daring Day today, and we've reached the last of the Flowers of the Month series of challenges.  December's flowers are the Holly (not sure this is actually a "flower" in the normal sense of the word) and the Narcissus.  
We have a new Guest Designer who is going to be playing along with us from now till the end of January and I have to say I'm thrilled to bits about this as I've wanted to ask her for ages - pop over to the DCM BLOG to see who it is.....
Despite the allure of something sunny and Springlike as the narcissus I stuck to my Cword card-making task and used holly for my card.
The garland of holly, mistletoe and other leaves was cut using a Craft Robo template I made last year.  I found it a bit fiddly to use, so this time I edited it to separate a few of the different "branches" to cut individually - then I just arranged them across the top of the card - it was much easier to use than the original version and meant I can also use the bits to make other cards - so maybe there'll be a holly wreath or a candle arrangement along later....or maybe not.

Materails:
Dark red card base, white card, Various shades of green card,, Burgundy Stickles, Crystal Ice Stickles, Different sizes of red gems, White pearls for mistletoe, Papers: Fancy Pants Saint Nick and Simple Stories 25 Days of Christmas, Gold Ice Stickles, Glossy Accents, Gold Card, Gold thread, Burgundy satin ribbon from Creative Treasures
Tools:
Craft Robo, Circle Punches,  2 x Spellbinders die sets
To finish today I thought I'd share a varioation of the "hang up your stockings" cards I showed on here a few days ago
 As before I've used the fab image from Funky Hand's "Twelve Ctafters Crafting" CD, but this time I've cut them out from papers in the MME Lost and Found Christmas 6x6 pad.  I just adore those little dolly pegs!

Back soon with more Christmas crafting - please pop over and see the gorgeous cards the Daring Cardmakers are sharing this week - it's such a beautiful blog with all the lovely holly and festive colours on show!
Thanks for visiting, hope you have a wonderful weekend

5 comments:

tracy said...

those are beautiful cards kathy:)

Angelnorth said...

Your festive foliage looks fab, love it!

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely stuff Kathy - makes for a rich and sumptuous card. Glad you aren't without the old internet all weekend. I suppose you could do it, but it would be strange!!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, I love the rich colours, and I just love those cute stockings too, they look so sweet.

Natty said...

Wonderful cards Kathy - that garland idea is fab!