Monday, November 14, 2011

A Late Friday Post!

I'm very very late with my Daring Cardmakers post - I hope Sharon will forgive me ;-)
Our challenge this week, set by Sharon was to make a card inspired by a piece of jewellery.  I chose to use a pair of silver and dichroic glass earrings I bought at a craft fair a couple of years ago as my starting point.  I've also managed to work this dare into another commissioned card.... woowoo!

I "drew" a swirl pattern in PSP for cutting on Craft Robo, and made the jewels from blobs of a couple of shades of Stickles which I left to dry before cutting out with a Cuttlebug die and then coating with Glossy Accents
Materials:
papers: MME 6x6 Stella and Rose, Silver card, Imaginisce mirror gems, Tiny gems (Anita's), 
Stickles, Glossy Accents, White lace, PC generated sentiment.
Tools:
Craft Robo, Spellbinders Coiled flower die, Cuttlebug leaves (from quilled flower set)
EK Success Border Punch
Here's a cloe up of the earrings
I hope you'll visit the Daring Blog this week - the cards are stunning.  If you visit the personal blogs of the team members you'll find out about their inspiration too. It would be fab if you'd join in with us too, we'd love to see what you make for Sharon's challenge.

While I was making this card I got to thinking they'd be lovely for Chrtistmas cards - never mind that I have bought loads of new Christmas papers to use......
I think they worked really well and they really looked pretty all lined up on the windowsill while the glitter was drying!  I've used the fabulous Ice Stickles on these cards - it's much thicker and chunkier than the regular stuff and really catches the light.

OK, back to it, then!  Thanks for visiting, I'll be back to share some more Christmas cards soon as I think I'm finally "in the groove" hehehe!

7 comments:

Hazel said...

Your DCM card is stunning - love the way you made those jewels. Glad to see you getting in the groove with the C cards - love these ones - look forward to seeing more x

Loopylou. said...

oooh you've been busy with yumminess kathy!! i love your jeweleery inspired card and the chrimble cards are gorgeous hun, love the swirlies of diamondy snow and the patterns on the trees.
huge hugs Lou xxx

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous inspiration earrings and lovely take on them with the card. Very stylish-looking Christmas cards, too!

Kath said...

All lovely cards,Kathy. I like your ear-rings too! How pretty they all are.

tracy said...

what a lovely card for the challenge kathy,and those papers look great on the c cards too :)

Janice said...

Love your earrings and the card is very pretty. C word cards are lovely.

Kaz said...

Ooooo gorgeous doesn't begin to cover it!! I love these cards, and those earrings too xxx