Tuesday, November 15, 2011

2 for the price of1

Over on The Sketch File Blog today, I've shared a couple of different ways to use the current Frames Galore sketch.  I thought I'd add the cards here too, plus a couple of extras for good measure!
If you visited yesterday you'll know I've been using these gorgeous Stella and Rose papers, they aren't Christmas papers but the colours and patterns just seem to work really well with my collection of Christmas dies - and using them has helped me get into the Christmas card-making groove big time!

The first card uses the sketch just as it appears in it's original form
Here's a reminder of the sketch:
This works fab for the little trees, but as I was working I realised that if I twisted it around the three lines would be perfect for "hanging" my tiny Spellbinders bauble on.
In fact as I seem to prefer my focus being on the right of a card, as well as rotating the sketch I mirrored it too - so it now looks like this:
Here's one of the cards I've made using the "new" layout
I'm not very good at making a lot of cards all the same - so although I make the bits and bobs in batches, the cards all tend to vary from each other in some way - even if it's just the shape of the card, or gold instead of silver thread, or a different shade of Stickles! 
Here are a couple more cards using the same stuff:

Materials:
Papers all My Minds Eye; Stella and Rose collection (mix of 12x12 and 6x6). 
Gold card and thread, Silver card and thread, Gold Ice Stickles, Crystal Ice Stickles, Turquoise regular Stickles, Turquoise and Silver Glitter paper, 
Homemade sentiment stickers
Tools:
Craft Robo to cut all the oval shapes and the little silver and gold "hangers", Spellbinders Nesting Baubles (smallest size), 
Cuttlebug Trees die, Tiny star punch

Please join in with us over on The Sketch File, we'd really love to see what you can make with our sketches - they don't have to be cards, anything goes over there!
Thanks for visiting today, please come again soon

6 comments:

tracy said...

those are fab kathy:)
you are clever:)

Kaz said...

Wow Kathy these are gorgeous. I love those papers too xxx

Angelnorth said...

These look fab, love the bauble cards!

Hazel said...

Super, as always x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Kathy. I love CAS Christmas cards.
xx

Jo said...

Amazing cards, Kathy :)