Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Charmed Again

Welcome to the Waffle Isolation Ward.
We've been poorly with the flu/cold thing that seems to be doing the rounds - both of us feeling wretched at the same time makes for an interesting few days. Today Hubby has just left for work (left here at 10am) and is planning on just working half a day - but it's the half in the middle iykwim!.
We've visitors coming for the weekend and I've done nothing in the house for the last few days so hopefully today I can at least get the guest room ready, I'll feel better knowing that at least is done.

I've managed a bit of crafting - but only in little spurts and one of the projects I've been doing has bee more complicated than I thought - so trying to keep my wits about me while feeling grotty has been a bit of a struggle, I can tell you!

I planned to show another of the thimgs I made for my Charmed Cards and Crafts Guest Designer spot at the beginning of the week, but with everything else I just didn't get round to it.

This is the Christmas mini-album I've made using as many of the gorgeous K&Co Swell Noel goodies as I could throw at it! Karen sent a huge parcel filled with such a lot of loveliness that I just HAD to get as much into my projects as I could manage!
The book has spaces all ready for the photos to be added, and I've used the matching tags as extra mini pages for journalling or more little photos to be included.

This is one of the pages, but if you'd like to see more then you can see the whole book here
Check out the other fab projects shown by the CCC design team while you're there - there are some amazing things to be found there! And it goes without saying that the shop is filled with wonderful crafting temptation

The page hiding under the tag is my fave in the book.
You know how sometimes things go so right that you amaze yourself?
Well I had one of those (very rare) moments with this baubles page! The baubles are just circles punched from regular white card - the idea being that a tiny photo can be added to each. I used shades of Cats Eye chalk inks to add some colour and for some reason the baubles have taken on such a realistic look that I can hardly believe it.

I'm soooo useless at colouring in that when something like this happens I'm quite shocked! Can you tell? lol

I've still got some more things to share on here but I'll save those for next time.

I hope everyone is keeping clear of all the wintry germs that are hurtling around - I wore a surgical mask while writing this so if you do have a cold, then you can't blame me - Okay?

14 comments:

Karen said...

This is juct fabulous, I can see why you wanted to use as much of the kit as possible. Hope you are feeling better soon hon X

cookcreateread said...

Gorgeous minibook Kathy! I really hope good health comes calling very soon!

Unknown said...

I can sympathise, empathise and sniff along side you and DH, Kathy. I'm full of it too.

I had to go and see a client this morning - I dosed myself up to the nines with Actifed to stop me sneezing, sniffing and blowing my nose through it. Problem is they make me drowsy so I probably just talked a load of waffle! (more than normal anyway!!) LOL

Lovely album/mini book btw.

xx

Anice said...

I can understand why you wanted to use as much as possible the papers are to die for! Beautiful work as always Kathy. I hope you feel better real soon.
Anice xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous book Kathy.

I was oooing & arrhing last week when I saw your work as Guest Designer. All brilliant. xx

Angelnorth said...

Lovely wee book and those baubles do indeed look fab, great job!

Janice said...

Kathy - those baubles are amazing! I'm sure the rest of it is special too.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hazel said...

I do hope that you'll both be feeling so much better soon. There's something for you on my blog. xx

Oblibby said...

Fabulous mini book, Kathy. I've given up on even attempting to make Christmas things this year. Hope I can find some mojo next year.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Have a great Christmas

Lisa xoxo

peata said...

love the mini!
great colors.

Nowalinka said...

This mini-album is so magical and beautiful!! :)

Karen Mortensen said...

That page is my favourite too Kathy, I love the whole book but there is just something about that page. I love the simplicity of the baubles, combined with the richness of the colours. It's just fabulous!

xxx

Jackie said...

Great work as always Kathy.
I hope you are on the mend now.
I have given you an award, see my blog :)

tiggertastic said...

I LOVE this, wow, so much detail and colour, a real winner for me

sarah x