Friday, April 18, 2008

Paprika!

I've not been around the blogging world much this week, I've not been feeling too well so haven't done much crafting either - I think my crafty mojo was feeling sick too because it was definitely not wanting to play!

We've increased the Antipodean contingent on the Design Team of the DCM this week because Tanya has agreed to join us full time. It's great to have her on board as her work is fab!.
Anyway, I managed a last minute card for this week's DCM dare, which is called
"Hot and Spicy"
This idea is a team effort, it sprang from Lythan's current love of the colour orange and the
theme was gradually stretched a bit until this title was settled upon.
With that theme cards could be colour themed, food themed or maybe have just a hint of saucy spiciness
I'd first planned to make something based on a print out of the poster from the film "Some Like it Hot", but I only got as far as printing the picture before Mr Mojo ran off. Eventually I went through some old Self-Addressed kits and found a couple with hot and spicy coloured papers and card. This lot werem't all from the same kit but I think they work together ok. The papers are layered up, I made a couple of faux tags and then cut out a load of flowers and added them at different heights by way of foam tape and bits of cardboard
Paper and card is all from Self Addressed
Brads, eyelets. button, ribbon and fibre from stash.

Please have a go at our chilli challenge - and don't forget to share your creations with us by leaving a message on the DCM Blog



17 comments:

Sandy said...

This is absolutely stunning. Brilliant card. Love it.

Angelnorth said...

All the layers look fab Kathy,love that layered flower head thingy (technical name, you know ;o)

Em said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, just love those colours together.

Hope you are feeling better now (hugs) xxx

Lythan said...

I thought I recognised those papers. They do go well together. I do hope you get better soon!

Leann said...

Ooooh, this looks yummmy! Gorgeous layers :)
Hope you feel better soon!

Judy said...

Gorgeous card, Kathy, love the colours and all the layers!
JudyNZ

Kaz said...

I love this card Kathy, the colours are so rich.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card ! great design and colors.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love everything about it!

Marlou McAlees said...

oh this is beautiful Kathy!! :) x

CraftyC said...

How gorgeous is that, the colours are fab!
Clairexx

Cheryl said...

This is a stunning card!The layering and all the special touches are beautiful.

Rosanne said...

A lovely card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Kathy...x

Dolly Mixtures said...

I love the layered flowers and tags. I think your mojo seems definitely alive and kicking!

Ana Baird said...

Fabulous card! Love it!

Sarah said...

I really like the colour scheme Kathy - the card is gorgeous too!