Thursday, October 11, 2007

Coffee and Waffle

I've had a "loose end tying" day.
I finished a couple of cards, put inserts in a few more, wrote some out ready to send.
Sorted what seemed a mountain of stuff that needed posting - why does it take so long just to get things into envelopes, sealed, addressed and ready to send? Eventually had a carrier bagful of post to take to the box. Quite a few things that have been waiting till the current round of strikes was over and a couple of birthday cards I'm sending early in the hope that they get there before the next strike starts. This is all such a pain in the bum. Waiting for new stash and cuttlebug dies to finally get here isn't helping my humour either!

It's been a beautiful Autumn day here so at least going to the post box with all the mail was a pleasant walk - here's the view from my desk atm
I thought I'd do a quick catch up of some of the cards I've been making over the last few days.
A rather late wedding congratulations card, late because we kept forgetting to go and buy the vouchers for the wedding present!
This is a commissioned card, for a retirement, I got it pretty much finished, then over-inked it so had to make a few alterations, so it took much longer than it should, ah well, these things happen, eh?
And lastly some "Thank You" cards for birthday presents. I forgot to take photos of the first batch I made, the basic idea was the same, but whereas these are quite "subdued" the first lot were more colourful and had more flowery stuff added! I eally like using the Cuttlebug embossing folders like this. Might have a go at something similar for Christmas cards too
Got a few other bits and bobs and sneakies but I'll save them for another time, I think.

9 comments:

CarolineO said...

wowser girl, all of these are fab!

Jukie said...

You have done some beautiful cards and you must be truly inspired by that view!

Oblibby said...

All lovely Kathy - I especially like the retirement one. Colours are fab and I love the way you've stacked all the bits on top of each other.

xoxo

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful cards, I love the wedding congrats.

Janice said...

Lovely view from your window. I love Cuttlebug embossing folders too - they are soooo easy and the effect looks so great. Your cards fab as usual.
Janice

Hazel said...

Lovely use of the CB embossing folder, Kathy. Love all the cards. And that autumn view is so awesome.

Clare said...

Especially like the gorgeous wedding congrats card, love the papers you've used.

If I had that view from my window I'd probably never get anything done!

My Paper World said...

Wow, really love all your gorgeous creations!

Anonymous said...

I love them all !! these are gorgeous !