Friday, June 22, 2007

You've been Tagged

It's Friday, it's 10 am (or thereabouts) and that means it's time for the new Daring Cardmakers Dare to hit the Blogwaves.

You know, we're still amazed at the way so many crafters have taken to the DCM idea and run with it. We love to see all the messages and all the cards every week and to know that our friends enjoy the dares as much as we do. The worldwide crafting community is a very special one and I'm so chuffed to be part of it.

This week it was Rhi who came up with the challenge:

Hi, its Rhi here his week! Wow! What an amazing response for Lythan's {EM}Boss Dare and the FABULOUS little extra. It's great to see so many inspired cardmakers, thank you to each and every one of you who has joined in and shared your creation.

Now onto this weeks dare...

Everything we buy has packaging, some of it excessive, some of it beautifully designed. Tags, labels, stickers... all sorts of bits and bobs that we can recycle onto cards.

I dare you to make a card using a tag, label, sticker or anything else you can find, thats from packaging and would normally end up in the bin. Of course you can ink it, change it, distress it and add anything else you like!

If you're feeling brave, I DOUBLE DARE you to make it a card for a man!

Well, you'll need to get your sunnies on for my card this time, that's for sure.

I don't really think this qualifies for the double dare, but hey, you can't win 'em all!


I got some new crocs a few weeks ago and I left the tag lying around on Hubby's desk. When this dare came up I thought "Aha"!
After I'd rescued it from the bin (I guess he got sick of seeing it "cluttering" up the desk) I put it on my own desk and tried to figure out what I could do with it.

I really like the design of the crocs tags, the rounded square, the little tiny writing, the logo in the corner and those cute little holes.
Sp I decided to use the elements of the design to decorate the tag in my own way - a bit like using a card template, but on a tag.

The background is made using strips of two double-sided "Coastline" papers from Making Memories - lurking in that "wow it didn't look so bright on the pc screen" way, in the way some things tend to do. I've got some day-glo orange stuff that makes my eyes water when I see it in the box too!

OK, Are you ready? Did you get your sunglasses?

I decorated the tag with a flower where the crocs symbol is. I coloured in the white spots on the flower and the dotty ribbon with a marvy brush pen
The messages were printed on the plain side of the paper and fixed over the text bits on the tag.
I added some grosgrain ribbon behind the holes in the tag and as tabs on the corner, and used a flower brad through the "hanging" hole.
A few blobs of stickles glitter glue as fake brads, and also to give the button a bit of bling.

I hope it didn't hurt your eyes too much!

All the cards this week are, as usual fantastic and all so different. You can see them all on the DCM Blog and you'll find more info on how they were made on our personal blogs.

can't wait to see what all the darers come up with this time

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love it! It has such a wonderful summery feel to it!

Leni said...

nice card.

Gillian said...

AWESOME card Kathy!!! I soooo love this, I think the way you've used the crocs tag is amazing... and the colours make it so happy and fresh! GORGEOUS!!!!

Sarah said...

Wow! this is great Kathy, bright and funky!

Lythan said...

this is bright and beautiful!

Alhambra Club said...

How great and creative, I will have to check out my house this weekend to see what I can find, this is a fun challenge.

Samm said...

Great card, luuurrrvvveeellyy and summery!!!

Samm
x

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card Kathy!!

I just love those zingy colours :)

Unknown said...

Kathy, never mind the sunnies hun! I needed to wipe my mouth with all those citrus colours it was like sucking a lemon haha!

Love the bright colours.

Rosie
xx

Michelle said...

This is just fantastic!!!!! Love it ;)

Leigh said...

I love this card, I couldn't figure out what bit of it was packaging, so I had to come and have a look lol. Well done.

Sheila said...

Fabulous Kathy so fresh and summery.
I challenge you to use your dayglo orange stuff.........go on I dare ya!!!

Jayrewcraft said...

Kathy,
I love the bright colours in this card - it really grabbed my attention.
Fantastic!

Jayne xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

This is so zingy, I love it!!

You wouldn't believe the change, the sun is blazing now, yet two hours ago it was raining so hard the lorries were spraying the gardens right over the 4 foot walls!! The gutters couldn't cope & water poured down the walls!

Its quite scary. I hate lightening. Several homes have been damaged & people's modems have been fried! Not mine, oh no can't be without my baby!!

Hazel said...

What a fab, bright, summery card - and great use of the crocs label!

Jackie said...

Love the card Kathy, it's really zingy. I've got the Blonde Moments paper in that colour and I love it.
Thanks for the comment on my blog, I've got a very 'feelable' bloke but he's not very tough!! LOL

Penny said...

Love it! I was looking at your card and trying to work out which bit was the tag LOL. Ah, now I know! What a cool tag from the crocs!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What a great card and great inspiration! You sure were right about the brightness, but how cheered up someone will be when they get this!

stamp and scrape said...

Very citrussy feel to the card, and what a lovely way to use that tag. There is so much scrummy texture here.
Ros

Petrina McDonald said...

oh yeah - that is bright!! But it is also very nice!
Petrina :)

Cheryl said...

Such wonderful punch, and lime is my favorite green as well! I didn't know Crocs had such a cool tag -- now I need to go to the shoe store. Oh dear.....

Di said...

I love what you have done with this Kathy. You've taken it one step further than just using tags - it's very much altered art. And although the colours are BRIGHT, they really do work together and give a zing.

Now it's made me remember machine knitting a sweater for my son in these two colours when he was little. Have to find the photo and scrap it!

Di

Natty said...

Oh wow, I never would have guessed the tag you'd used! LOL That's just fab!

Card Bored Kitty! said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card Kathy! It looks...(trying hard to think of a word to describe it....) JUICY! Yup, that's what it is... fresh, zingy and JUICY!

Fab!

Kathryn x

Kaz said...

absolutely beautiful- love the colours and you've made a great job with the tag- perfect!