Thursday, January 11, 2007

fed up

Having one of those days when I can't settle to anything. The weather is foul and I'm sick of going outside to rescue the plant pots that have blown over and the big heavy table cover which was tied down AND tucked under the patio table but still managed to make a bid for freedom. The table is soooo heavy that I can't actually lift it to tuck the cover back under, so how the blazes it managed to get out I don't know. Anyway, I tied it back on and no sooner was my back turned than it had escaped again - so it's now a soggy, crumpled heap in the greenhouse because I'm not trying again.
So far two broken pots and even the huge palm which is in a pot so heavy that I can barely nudge it around has fallen over.

I hate the wind, even staying indoors it makes me unsettled, and dries my contact lenses out so they're uncomfortable and feel gritty. I was supposed to be meeting a mate for lunch today but she couldn't make it - probably just as well as I'd have been even more miserable getting blown about in town.

So I thought I'd treat myself to a bit of online crafty shopping. Do you ever have one of those days when nothing inspires you? Looked all around my fave places and didn't really find anything that I just had to have - though I still managed to get one order placed - maybe I'll have another look around later - any bright ideas for places where I'll find inspiring, needful things please let me know!

I think I'll go and look at Lythan's blog - the arch-temptress usually has links to places for a bit of retail-therapy............

9 comments:

Sue said...

oooo sorry Kathy

next week for sure

Anonymous said...

I have not ventured out today either, and 2 fence panels have blown out of the posts, hopefully they will just slot back in when the wind subsides, and the BBQ blew over even with a heavy gas bottle that you would think would stabilise it

Dollydimps said...

Are you me Kathy? I've been exactly the same today! xx

Jo said...

Weather is really pants here too :( Hope it is better tomorrow...
As for shopping, stick yourself on a stash diet and then loads of things leap out shouting 'buy me, buy me' lol. Actually havn't seen anything that interesting, just think it the fact that I am not buying anything that seems to make them interesting (does that make sense?) have you looked at http://amillionlittlethings.com/store06/ or http://www.skybluepink.com/ both US but have lots of yummy bits...

Megan said...

Hi Kathy!

I am in the same headspace as you...I want something new but can't find anything I REALLY want lol.

Hoping the new order you placed arrives and lifts your spirits :-)

Megan xx

Gillian said...

Oh you poor darlin...
wish I could pop some of our hot sunny days in an envelope and send over to you... :o)

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Hi Kathy thankyou for the birthday wishes , i had a great day apart from my back whick is giving me great pain. I got lots of crafty goodies, I will put my cards on soo.

Andrea xx

Anonymous said...

keep smiling Kathy.....

Lythan said...

Ahem.