Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Little Extra - sorry it's late!

First of all Thank you so much for all your lovely comments about the album on my last post - I know I was pretty chuffed with it, but it's much more special to know that other people like it too - makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to get so many wonderful messages! Thank You!

For the Daring Cardmakers' Little Extra challenge this week there's a sketch to have a go at.


"We don't mind how you use it - bend it, stretch it, shirnk it or turn it on it's head - as long as we can see the original plan in there it counts and we'd love to see how you use it.
Some of the Design Team's fab cards using the sketch are on the blog and anyone who uses the sketch is invited to leave a message on there so we can all go and see what you do with it.



Here's my card. I decided to cut an aperture for the top left hand square and a flower instead of the lower rectangle. All the paper is from the Basic Grey Blush set, some used inside to show through the hole. The paper flowers are a mixture of Heidi Swapp, Prima and some from one of Crafts U Love's great value colour-themed packs of flowers (they have a sale on at the moment if you're interested....). I made the flower on the big rectangle with wire and beads to match the colours in the paper. Looking at it now I'm thinking that I could maybe have used some of those rub on things that came in a Prima paper pack before sticking the papers on - too late now though as the card went in the post yesterday!

I forgot to show you this one. It's a bit "rough and ready" but if you saw the state of my noticeboard you'd see it was quite authentic! I used the calendar stamp from January's SA Kit which is brilliant! I stamped a load of them so that they're ready for when I need one. I'll probably forget where I put them, of course. The papers were from an old kit from the end of last year.
I've been wanting a good white ink pen for ages and this was recommended by the lady in the Isle of Man craft shop The Craft Emporium and it's great - it's a Schneider "Gel It" pen, I got the gold one too, but I don't think it's quite as good as the white. Lots of scruffy inking and scribbling, some Liquid Pearls/Tulip paint blobs for fake brads and notice board pins, plus a couple of real brads.

Back to a tidier style for one of the Valentines cards I've made for the box in Hubby's office. Some more of that lovely paper from a 7 Gypsies set and some yummy spotty ribbon from a Blonde Moments pack. The pink glitter card is from PDA and it's fab because the glitter is sealed in so doesn't end up in my hair or on my face and clothes!!

Last "Show and Tell" for now is this notebook. It's covered with paper from a Brenda Walton pad for K&Co, then I used more of the 7 Gypsies paper to do the fancy bits. I enjoy making these - it's fun to rummage through all the stash to find interesting things to stick on - or make them if you feel inclined. This one has lace, ribbon, brads, a buckle, various flowers and a bead and wire monogram.
Today I must get on with my Daring Cardmakers project for Friday, and I also need to write up my class for the Scrapstars cybercrop class. Later on I'll put some photos on my blog so you can see what I'm doing this time.

7 comments:

Gillian said...

Oh Kathy, so many treasures to look at... I just love your extra card.. It's just gorgeous... and that calendar card is Fabulous!!!
You've been soooooo busy... and soooooo Inspirational..

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful cards as always.
I am really struggling with a single idea for this one!!!!!!!
Perhaps if I forget about it then something will come to me..

Lisa said...

I love the noticeboard card - fab!!

Anonymous said...

love the cards and notebook. I love 7 gypsies paper and think its stunning.

Rachel said...

totally gorgeous work Kathy

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful cards Kathy, as always! I wasn't sure about Blush when I first saw it, but the more I see, the more I like : ).

Saffa said...

WOW Mrs B!!!!

I don't pop round for a while and while my backs turned you are creating gorgeous pieces left right and centre!!!!


Everything is so stunning!

xxSaffa