My SIL has just had her appendix removed in an emergency op. I made this card for her using Basic Grey's lush Blush papers. I used my Robo (yay!) to cut most of the flowers, some from one of the flower shapes on their template and some are actually the sunshine template. I really wanted to use the Girls are Weird font for the letters but found they are a bit narrrow to cut out well so I used this handwriting font instead which looks a bit clumsy I think - but I didn't have time to look for a better one. I used loads of chalk ink pads to give a bit of a shabby chic look which seems to match the smudginess of the striped paper.
I've decided that it's about time to have a go with the alcohol inks I bought at LB Crafts when we went for the Tim Holtz demo - which must be over a year ago. I had a play yesterday afternoon, but couldn't find the notes Sue did so had to wing it - not had a look yet to see exactly how much of a mess I managed to make, or if anything I did will be of any use - I'll let you know.....maybe.
I've just remembered that there was a class on Alcohol Inks on the SA Kit forum a couple of months ago, so I'm off to have a look and see what I should have done!
Don't forget, the DCM team are on tenterhooks and waiting all agog to see your "Through the Window" cards for this week's dare - and there's a new Little Extra midweek challenge all ready and waiting for launching a bit later on, so keep checking here.