Monday, January 08, 2007

Cards and Scrapbook Update

Sara's card
My friend Sara's birthday was just before Christmas, this is the card I made for her. I used a chipboard letter for the S, then just thin card for the other letters - the way the "S" stands out doesn't really show up here. I made the flower from Bazzill card using the QK oval tag die, arranging them and sticking with tape to keep them where I wanted them to be, a brad and a prima flower in the middle secures the whole flower together.

The papers are a mix of Chloe's Closet and Center City designs from an old Self-Addressed kit Scrapping like a demon
If you've read my blog regularly you'll know that I'm making my very first scrapbook - it's a gift for my aunt and uncle who became first time grandparents last February. The scrapbook is a "Work in Progress" as I want to go on adding to it as llittle Sam grows up but I really wanted to give the album to them at Christmas.
However by Christmas Eve I'd only managed to do 5 pages - so not much of a book really!

I wassn't seeing them till the Saturday before New Year so I knuckled down and managed to get another THREE pages done before they arrived (another of the reasons by blogging fell by the wayside...) - I was actually sticking the last bits on about 30 minutes before their car pulled into the drive!
Anyway, I was pleased to get the extra pages into the album, just those 3 pages made such a difference to how it looked and it was worth the effort because they loved it. Which is just as well really!
This is one of the first photos of the new little family of Paul, Julie and Sam. There are other photos of the 3 of them, but in every single one Paul is standing up while Jules sits with Sam in her arms - as Paul is about 10feet tall there's such a height difference that the photos just look silly and certainly don't work for a LO. So this may not be the best photo of them, but it's the best I had to work with!

The little bottle lifts open to reveal the journalling.

I just thought this was too cute not to use, and could be made into quite a quick LO. Didn't of course turn out to be as quick as I'd hoped because I spend so much time fiddling around and changing things. The "beads" were an after thought to pick up the colours of play beads on the pram. I made them with bits of matching card as I didn't have anything suitable in my bead boxes and yes, I know some of you will find that hard to believe but there you go.

I wanted to add a family page to the album with pictures of Sam and his adoring relatives. The idea of him being a Super Star with a fan club of his own came to me while I was playing around with positioning the photos, so I added the tags as fan club membership cards with Grandma, Grandad and Uncle Colin's special areas of responsibility added! And I cut the star for the Super Star badge with my new Craft Robo! Good result because my star punch really wasn't big enough to add the lettering.

New Baby for a New Year
Just after I'd waved off the last of our rellies last Wednesday, and just as I was about to get started on last week's card (last minute effort) for the Daring Cardmakers, into my mailbox popped an order for a New Baby card. Fortunately I quite enjoy making these and this one came together pretty quickly and was on it's way to the customer fairly promptly.

So there you go, a quick crafty catch up to prove I've not been sitting with my feet up and just pretending to be busy!


4 comments:

Lythan said...

Some fantastic work there Kathy. Love those paper beads and the robo star is most impressive. But think I like the new baby card best of all

Paula said...

I love your scrapbook pages, what a fab present. I guess that is a good enough reason for not blogging.

Thanks for your comments on my blog - I sometimes wonder if all you crafty peeps get bored reading my blog now cause I don't do much crafty stuff anymore :-(

Bex said...

Kathy
REALLY Brilliant pages as expected.
I especially Love the fan club idea x
You are so good at Scrapbooking - keep it up eh.

Love Bex xxxxxx

Em said...

Kathy - I'm not surprised your auntie and uncle were thrilled with their scrapbook - it is so lovely, well done you!

I cannot believe how big "baby" Sam has got!

xxx