Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Little bit of Snow

We woke up to a light covering of snow yesterday. It didn't last long but it was pretty while it was here. The first photo is the view across the road taken from the study window - and yes, the sky really was that grey!








The others were taken in the back garden - not by me, I might add (I don't do snow!) One looking towards the house, the other away from it - just in case you didn't work that out! The good thing about the snow is that you can't see the manky grass or the unturfed bit at the back, so it looks a lot better this way, really...




I've been crafting like a demon today - well, for me anyway, I'm not a quick worker and when I see how much some of you manage to make in one session I'm left feeling totally inadequate - I have so little to show for all the time it took! Anyway, I finished my card for the new Dare which will be announced tomorrow - don't forget to tune in to The Daring Cardmakers Blog for that - always on a Friday at about 10am UK time.

The DCM Little Extra for this week was another recipe card, this time the ingredients were 7 brads or eyelets, 6 flowers and 5 letters.
I used an old SA Kit (you see, I do get round to using them eventually!). The green flower is made with a Bosskutz mini-tag die and a punched flower for the centre (that's 2 flowers), the purple flower I just hand cut petal shapes and stuck the together (that's 3, are you counting?), the third flower is the other 3 from the list, the 2 outer layers made with a heart punch and the little one in the middle is a tiny daisy punch. Each has 1 brad in the centre which leaves 4 to attach my 5 letter message tag - HELLO. Phew! wasn't sure I was going to get this one done so am quite chuffed really.

I also made a card ready for the birthday of a friend of ours, but I think I'll show that one another day - just in case today has been a bit of a fluke!

Thanks for all the comments you've left - I do love to read your messages! See you tomorrow with the new Dare card.

5 comments:

artfulstampin said...

I love the colours on the card, it's great to make flower petals from other shapes! I completed my first dare!!! I've been trying to post a message on tyhe DCM blog, for some reason its not showing up.

Anonymous said...

wow at all that snow.......we never get snow in Wellington so I get all ohhhhey and ahhey when people have snow out thier fron door.....I am sure the novelty would wear off if we did get it all the time....

Keryn Campbell said...

Glad you made it Kathy. Why haven't you posted a message on the blog to tell us it was there, or did I just miss it.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What a cheery card! And you made it with all that snow lying around outside! It sure looks cold there. You must have had spring on your mind! Lol! I like how you cut the top from your striped paper to make another row. Your flowers are just lovely.

Sheila said...

Oooooh Kathy I do love your cards and the colours on this one are fabulous.

Sheila-x-