Monday, January 29, 2007

Pure Fusion!

Lynne's lovely journal has inspired me to start a year long project. What I have in mind is just to choose a couple of photos each month, about the house or other stuff we've done that month and make a little LO with them - nothing too complicated or too onerous - I'm not good at keeping resolutions of this kind, so wanted to do something that wouldn't become a chore.
Anyway, I bought a couple of £1 mini (6x6) scrapbooks on Saturday - as well as stocking up on loads of double-sided sticky tape and foam tape. The albums are a bit plasticky, but had potential.
I probably should have got two the same but of course I didn't. The one I chose to have a go at for this project had quite a thick, sort of padded cover, It's post bound and was really easy to take apart and re-cover with some of the yummy Fusion paper from Basic Grey - I think this is still my absolute favourite BG range.
The big f
lower was coloured with a Brilliance ink pad and the colour hasn't really photographed well, it looks a bit too blue in the picture. The 2nd flower is made with the QK oval tag die and more Fusion paper, the 3rd I coloured with shades of yellow and orange, and the top one is a Heidi Swapp flower - I added a few blobs of Krylon gold pen to them all.

I used chipboard letters from a couple of different s
ets and covered them with scraps of different Fusion papers. Covering them was a nightmare, they looked a right mess tbh - so I sanded the edges smoother then inked them and added a few bits of Krylon gold to match the flower. The letters disappeared into the background, so I made some tags from one of the plainer papers to mount them on, inked them up and added plenty of ribbons and fibres.
Lastly I covered a slide frame, stuck on some plain Bazzill card and decorated with little bits of ribbon, some blobs of Tulip paint and added QK Phoebe numbers for the 2007. I'm really chuffed with this album - I wonder if I can actually amnage to put anything in it....time will tell!

14 comments:

Sue said...

well you are off to a flying start

Fabulous book xx

Tracey said...

Kathy what a fantastic job you've done with this album. It's just WOW! I love it!

Bex said...

Ooh Kathy this is just lovely - such fab colours. Now why have I never used my Fusion papers ..... will have to revisit them I think!
Love the lettering - and well all of it really! You are very clever.

Look forward to seeing the pages as they progress ....... so erm one by this time next week??

Love bex xxxx

Em said...

Kathy I love it - those colours are just delicious...

Can't believe you went into Poundland though *shock* would've thought you were FAR too posh LOL!!!!

Lynne said...

Yay!!!!, glad you decided to start a journal Kathy, look forward to seeing what you add over the year.

Paula J Atkinson said...

I saw this early today on bumbleberry. I just so love that title.
Stunning stuff, can't wait to see more & I will be checking up on you!!!

*Jeanne* said...

WOW this is gorgeous! I really need to challenge myself like this. Maybe I would actually get more done. THank for the inspiration! WOW!

Lara said...

hope you do put something in it - it's a gorgeous album!

Rhi said...

Oh wowee, its gorgeous Missus!

Anonymous said...

That is really lovely Kathy!

Michelle said...

WOW! Don't even know what to say! This is so gorgeous! Love the choice of papers and ribbons... and everything!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

AWESOME! project!

Bety.

Gillian said...

SCRUMMY!!!!!!!.....
Just Gorgeous Kathy... love all of those Delicious Colours... Just beautiful..

Lisa said...

flippin gorgeous Mrs B!!!