Hello,
welcome to my little crafting place
I've been using a couple of those basic die sets we all need in our crafting arsenal1 The first is a nested rectangle set (S5-487 Precision Layering A2), perfect for quickly cutting backgrounds for your cards and making sure your layers are perfectly even!
The other is the Color Block Accent Rectangles (S5-772) which partners neatly with the Precision Layering set.
Seeing the pattern made by layering the colour block dies with the plain layering rectangles tookme back a few years to when everyone was adding doodled black and white borders like this to their cards - do you remember?
I never really got the hang of it, or maybe I was just lacked the confidence in my drawing skills (they are rubbish) to feel mine were as cute as everyone else’s.
Anyway, that was the inspiration for this card, and the Chompster ides from the Just Add Cake Birthday Cardmaking Kit seemed the perfect partner.
The Just Add Cake box sounds expensive until you look at what's in there - I'm so glad I took the plunge because I've already used at least something from each die set, and even the stamps - regular visitors will know stamping is not a great love of mine! But I make the occasional exception for sentiments.
I used
- you can use it to access the store whenever you buy from SpellbindersIt doesn't cost you anything, but I may get a little reward for pointing you there.There's
a UK based shop now, so you can use the 'Visit Our UK Store' button at
the top right of any page on the Spellbinders site
Thank you so much for coming by, pleas do leave a message if you can!



No comments:
Post a Comment