Saturday, October 09, 2021

Awesome Autumn

 
  Hello!

Just back from a few days on the Suffolk coast. Not a lot of sunshine around but we did stay dry, which in October is a bonus. I'd put together a box of blank cards, inks, a few dies and my mini die cutter, so even managed to fit in a bit of crafting. That, along with a change of scene and some sea air,  and the odd ice cream - it doesn't get much better.

 Amazingly, I actually got my card for this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge made before we went away - I meant to write my blog post while we were over there, but I didn't get that far, so I'm a bit later.  Oops!
  
Awesome Autumn
Shabneez says:
I love autumn and all the colours and textures associated with it so I’d love to see your creations to celebrate my favourite season with me!

 Info
White square card
Spellbinders Christmas Wreath die cut from gold card
Thin card inked on both sides with various Autumnal shades The leaves are from another Spellbinders set which has Seasonal accents to add to their plain woody wreath die. I used the Christmas Wreath because its 'fuller' and has the more swirly bits that make the basic design more interesting.  After cutting the leaves I added them to the wreath shape, gluing some under the gold wreath and others on top - covering the more Christmassy holly and berry areas with more leaves.  I also cut a few pine branch shapes from green card, and some pine cones from brown card.
There was a biot too much 'white space' around the wreath so I added some gold twine and a bow to the top edge, and wove in a few pieces of the gold twine around the wreath
The large 'hello' sentiment is another of my home-made black and white printed ones
 
 
 
Thank you so much for coming by, please don't go without leaving a little message as I do love to hear from you.  
Or maybe I really am just talking to myself
 
 Happy Crafting, Stay Safe,
 
 


1 comment:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie