Tuesday, December 08, 2020

December Inspiration (Countdown to Christmas 5)

 


Hi there
I'm late with my post this week.   
We had a few days away at our flat in Southwold, we let it thorough a Holiday Cottage company, but if there's no bookings its lovely to get away, have a change of scene, do a few upkeep jobs, deliver supplies for our housekeeper etc.  This year has been challenging!

Anyway.... I did manage to get my DCM project completed and photographed ahead of Friday, I just didn't get rounf to blogging it so here it is now.

Countdown to Christmas Week 5 for the Daring Cardmakers is also the first Friday of the month, so its

  December's Elemental Inspiration Challenge

This week is the first Friday of December - Christmas is definitely on the way!
We're making cards again this time

Remember, you just need to pick a minimum 3 elements from the picture to use when making your card - there are masses of choices on this one! 

The colour palette counts as one element, and other ideas you could use are Squares, Layout, Advent, Grid, Numbers, all the little pictorials...

We are looking forward to seeing your creations, but do check out the blog for some from the team to get you in the mood!

I've used some of the colours, the squares and some of the little pictures to make this card, and I quite like how its turned out (for once!)
Info
I started by using Washi tape to create the 3-squares grid and then added some inky colours from the picture.  I didn't measure the squares, just went by eye, so they a little random.
I cut the scribble squares and other shapes in various types of silver card and added some red glitter card 'berries' for another colour-pop
The sentiment is pc generated and adhered over some lengths of silver thread.
A few tiny silver stars were added to give a bit of 'out of the frame' interest


Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe

 


4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullllllll card Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your card is gorgeous. How lovely to have a flat in Southwold. My uncle lives near there. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Love everything about this one Kathy. It's great! Glad you got some sea air. Shabneez x

Angelnorth said...

Loved your take on the inspiration photo for this one Kathy, the silvery elements give it a very festive look!