Friday, November 13, 2020

Gorgeous Gifts - A Gift Card Holder

 

Hello
Hope all is well in your corner of the world!
The news that a Covid19 vaccine might finally be within touching distance at last gives us all some hope for feeling more confident about the future
 and a 'normal'  life.
I'm not sure how soon it'll be before I'm happy to sit in a busy restaurant or get on an aeroplane for a 'Greek-fix', though - I'm rather risk-averse!

Week 2 of the Daring Cardmakers Countdown to Christmas series is an 'Anything Crafty' Challenge with a Gifts theme

Gorgeous Gifts

It simply means that we'd love to see anything on a theme of Gifts this week.
So it could be a card featuring parcels all wrapped up, a gift you've made for a friend, or how about a card and gift combined? This could be a bookmark, gift card or a little chocolatey treat as an added extra on your card.

 I made a Gift Card Holder, as I often buy those kind for things for our various nephews and nieces and its so much nicer to put them in something other than an envelope


Info

I cut the card base from double sided gold card, then used some fabulous digital papers from which I resized and printed onto white Bazzill card.  I love the versatility of Digital papers!
I used one design for the front and back of the card. These were adhered in place with one end of my pieces of ribbon stuck between the layers.
To decorate I made a parcel shape from some spare digi paper and topped it with a glitter card 'lid' before gluing it onto a recycled clothing tag.
The tag was adhered to the card, and embellished with another piece of ribbon and some tiny stars cut from the gold and blue papers. The letters were cut from a shinier gold card using an alphabet die set 
For the inside of the card I used 2 of the paper designs. Two equal pieces to got on the left and right, and a design with wording on to make the holder section. The gift card tucks inside the folded holder piece
I'll probably add a panel to the inside for writing my message inside
 


   
These are quite easy to make, especially if you use digital paper as you aren't constrained by how much of a design you've got left ;) and if it all goes wrong, you can just print some more!
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you'll leave a comment, I really appreciate it when people take the time to leave a message!

Happy Crafting, and please Stay Safe
 
 



 

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Kathy

gr karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Angelnorth said...

This looks great Kathy (great minds on the construction of a “parcel” too!) The colour scheme looks very handsome.