Friday, April 12, 2019

Bingo and Butterflies!


 


Hello!

You know those days when it's 'all happening'?  Well I'm having one of those today and it's not even mid-day!  And there was me hoping that just for once I'd get my Daring Cardmakers' Friday post done nice and early. Hah!
Dawn's mum loves playing BINGO - and is celebrating a big birthday!  So this week come and play the game along with us"

Just pick a line; horizontal, vertical or diagonal from our Bingo card and use those three things when you make your card.

  Or try for a 'Full House' by using them all!
I decided on the centre, vertical line: Ribbon, Paper and Twine. 
I've already done my stamping for this year so any line with that in was out of the question haha! 🤣
I have a beautiful new set of Butterfly dies!
I was asked recently if I'd like to have a play with some of their products by the lovely people at Hunkdory crafts and review them here on my blog.  Obviously I jumped at the chance and among the goodies I chose was a fabulous Butterfly die set.  A full review will be here soon, but it's been almost impossible to make anything without using these dies!
Butterfly die set, Hunkydory crafts

Info

Digital papers from DigitalMagpie on Etsy
Bazzill white card for printing on
Brown card for base set of wings
Black twine to make the butterfly's body
Brown organza and satin ribbon
A few pearls

I started by adding my text to one of the journal pages in the digital download, then resizing  and printing.  I tore around the 'page' and inked up the edges
Next I chose an area of another of the pages with mainly peachy-pink shades on and cropped and so that I could print only that area - I resized this piece so that I'd have enough to make the background panel and to cut butterfly wings using one of the larger, fancy layer dies,
I cut one plain butterfly in brown to use as a base, then added a couple of the fancy wings on top, only adhering together in the centre area. Because I was going to mke the body from twine I cut off the tail and antennae from all layers.
I glued the panel in place, then added the length of ribbon before adhering the sentiment piece on top.
For the body I used lengths of black twine. one glued down the centre makes the tail and part of the body. 2 shorter pieces either side for the body and antennae, then finally another piece glued down the middle and wrapped around for the head - this piece is then tucked to the back and glued there.  It was a bit fiddly!
To finish the card I added a few matching pearls.

I really love this die set - and that there are four different designs of fancy wings, and each has a plain wing set too, so you get 8 shapes in all. I'm always disappointed when a butterfly set doesn't have the plain wings too - or when you have to buy them separately!
Rather like snowflake dies, you can never have too many butterfly dies - these ones cut beautifully - and I even found most of those tiny 'bits' popped out when I gave the die a quick tap on my desk!
 
Anyway, that's all for this time, I hope you'll come and play a game of Bingo with us this week - we'd love to see what you make.
Thanks for looking 
Happy Crafting

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is so very beautiful and a gorgeous butterfly Kathy

gr karin

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty card, love the layout, those papers and gorgeous butterfliy.

Sylv xx

Angelnorth said...

Really soft and pretty Kathy, that butterfly really is lovely and the twine body is a nice touch (requiring more patience than I have, I suspect!).

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Really beautiful Kathy, stunning butterfly too

Dawn said...

Just so beautiful. The butterfly with its fluttery wings is stunning.