Friday, November 02, 2018

Inspired for November

Hello
Happy Friday

Another frosty morning, but it soon got out really bright and sunny.  Mind you, I'm not actually sure what happened to the morning as here I am at 2.30 in the afternoon writing this when it should have been done hours ago
Oh well, I'll {try to} be quick, and not get diverted with any waffling 

It's Daring Cardmakers Day and this is the card I've made for this week's challenge 
As usual our first challenge of the month is our
 Elemental Inspiration Challenge.
 For November we're kicking off our Countdown to Christmas with a mood-board stuffed with loads of ideas for you to choose from.
 Remember, you just need to pick a minimum 3 elements from the picture to use when making your card

I love this mood-board - the colour palette may not be immediately Christmassy, but subtle and stylish, and when you start looking closer there are sooooo many little details to get the creative juices flowing, not just for Christmas cards but loads of other projects too.

I love all the textures and patterns which are wonderful to use for backgrounds and I chose a couple of them (brown paper top left and white knitted piece in the lower left area or the picture) to use for my card. I definitely wanted to use the black and white Baker's Twine, and the silver bauble too.
Info:
White square card blank plus extra for the embossed panel
Kraft card to echo the brown paper in the picture
Silver mirror card
Silver Glitter card
Pearl metallic red card
Black and white Baker's Twine
Die cut snowflake, a leafy sprig and a poinsettia left over from last years Christmas crafting  (I am a hoarder of such things!) 
A few red gems
A tiny silver bell 
Embossing folder is "Cable Knit" from Crafters' Companion

NOEL is a gorgeous hot foil plate from Spellbinders


Silver Bauble from Spellbinders

 I really enjoyed making this and hopefully it will help get me in a more productive frame of mind as I really do need to get some Christmas cards made and stop faffing about!
Right, I said I'd try not to, but I very nearly slid into a bit of waffle 
there, didn't I?
So, I'll shut up and sign off, hope you like the card, hope you'll be inspired to join in with the Daring Cardmakers this week and hope you have a fantastic weekend!

12 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

jane stillman said...

A fabulous card using the mood board and the embossing folder works perfectly with the snowflake

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, love the cable knit background and splash of red from the flower and foiled sentiment.

Sylv xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Kathy

gr karin

Andree said...

A wonderful card Kathy. Gorgeous colourway and details xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful card Kathy

Katie said...

Beautiful card and colours

Angelnorth said...

So pleased you managed to get the cable knit in there - I failed to get my creative juices to follow my inclinations on that one! Lovely Christmas card Kathy, the silver and red looks really festive!

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Beautiful card Kathy x

Laine said...

So elegant and festive. Stunning card. x

Shabneez said...

Love it Kathy! It made me smile to read you were writing your post at 2.30pm - we're not that different are we?! Shabneez x

Dawn said...

This is just beautiful. I love every element on your card. xxx