Friday, May 18, 2018

"Time to Say Goodbye"

Hello!
It's a bright, sunny morning here and I hope its the same where you are!
Thanks to my lovely Daring Cardmaker teamie Svenja I've had a certain song in my head all week, so as soon as I opened the page to write today's blog, and before actually writing anything I felt compelled to find a video of Andrea Bocelli singing the beautiful "Rime to Say Goodbye"
The man's voice gives me goosebumps - but this version with Sarah Brightman singing first means you need to wait to hear him!

There are all different sorts of 'goodbyes', some sadder and more difficult to cope with than others, so there is quite a mix of Farewell cards on the blog today.  From Bon Voyage to Condolence cards we all need them at some point.

Svenja here today, and sometimes it just is
Time to say good-bye
Show us your ideas for farewell-cards. Could be retirement or leaving cards but sympathy cards are just as welcome. We all sadly need them from time to time and inspiration in the field is very welcome.
To get you started just have a look at the Design Team's creative ideas HERE


  Making condolence or sympathy cards is never easy, is it?  I decided I wanted to make something less austere than I make when I actually need one - I suppose because when that happens there's more personal involvement and I'm feeling sad.
This one is prettier and more detailed and actually, changing the sentiment would make it suitable for other occasions too.
Info
White square card blank
Papers are all from the same 12x12 pack: Lilac Whisper (Kasiercraft)  I boutght it ages ago but haven't actually used any of it till now

Selection of Spellbindersdies as follows

For the Pleated strip:
Shapeabilities Etched Dies
Fancy background panel (paper adhered to sheet of card before die-cutting)
 For the pc generated  entiment:
 Nestabilities Etched Dies
For the rose:
Shapeabilities Etched Dies

 It's been ages since I made a paper rose and I really enjoyed making this one.  I love the rosette die - it's not just for rosettes!

Okay, that's about it for this time, I have crafting to do after lunch - hopefully the idea in my head will work when I start trying to make it!
Thank you for popping by, I hope you'll leave a message before you go.....

13 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Kathy beautiful colours

gr karin

Sylvia said...

Beautiful coloured papers, love the different dies used especially the pleated decoration and lovely rose. The sentiment is perfect for a sympathy card.

Sylv xx

Kate M said...

This is so beautiful! The colours are beautiful as is the sentiment.
Great card xx

Svenja said...

This is so pretty, Kathy! Love all the structure and the beautiful papers you used :-)

DanyellScraps said...

AMAZING! I just love your work! It is never easy to send these cards, let alone make one, and you just did a beautiful job!

htondre@aol.com said...

Gorgeous die cut papers, loving the rose you made too

Tracy Welham said...

Stunning Kathy, really love those colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Karenzkardz said...

Ooh. So pretty with a gorgeous colour combo xx

Laine said...

Beautiful soft colour and detail Kathy!
Laine
x

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Beautiful card Kathy x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely job Kathy, I suspect you’re right that a certain distance from the task makes it easier to just “make a card”, doing it when you actually need one is fraught with all the other stuff.

Shabneez said...

A fresh card perfect for the occasion Kathy. Love the sentiment. Shabneez x