Monday, September 04, 2017

Gilded Ornaments - my favourite card, and an extra!



Hello there! 
Thanks for popping by for another Spellblogger for
Spellbinders post
I have some Blog Candy up for grabs at the minute and there's still time to 
 be in with a chance of winning it


I've already posted two very different examples of cards made using the Gilded Ornaments die set which is my Blog Candy prize.  Today I actually have two cards to share, because yesterday morning I had one of those "hmmm I wonder....." moments which actually worked when I tried it out!
Anyway, this first Gilded Ornaments card is probably the simplest of all and also my favourite


Info
White square card blank
One of the Gided Ornament filigree dies lined up in the centre and taped in place for cutting and embossing
Sentiment stamped below the ornament
Square of glitter card adhered to the inside of the card
Ribbon bow and punched stars to decorate

This beautiful Spellbinders die set

Gilded Ornaments Holiday 2017 Shapeabilities  Etched Dies


Merry Christmas Set Holiday Stamps



How to win the  Gilded Ornaments die set
So, how would you like to own this lovely brand new
Gilded Ornaments Holiday 2017 Die set for free?

I have one set to give away and the winner will be randomly drawn from those who keep to the following rules
1. You must leave a comment on at least one of the three posts I will be making this week using this die set.  If you comment on all three, you have 3 chances to win.
2. Closing date is midnight Monday 4th September 2017 (UK time)
3. Please note: on this occasion, I will only send this prize to UK addresses - it's not available here in the UK yet though it is on sale in the US, so this is your special chance to have it before your friends!




The extra idea I had yesterday was to check through my old Christmas Nesties die sets to see if these lovely new filigrees would fit into any of the older ones.  Well, I don't think you can buy this one any more but there's a fair chance you've got one of the old 'Heirloom Ornaments' sets in your die collection, and its always worth checking to see if you can marry something new with something old for a different 'look' 
I also used the filigree circles to emboss the purple backing panel
Here's what I made 



My teenage bedroom was decorated in these colours and I still think they look fab together!  
The filligree die fitted perfectly in the 2nd largest of the Nesties ornament
I cut the shape in silver and then embossed them
I cut a piece of Turquoise glitter card and adhered to the reverse.
The purple panel was embossed using the 3 filigree circles and the embossing mat.

NOEL is from this lovely new die set:
 Ho Ho Ho Holiday 2017  Die D Lites Etched Dies

Well, thank youso much for visiting and for sticking with this rather long post!
 if you click on This Link  you'll find yourself at the Spellbinders store where you will find so many lovely things to tempt you, including the dies and stamps I've been using lately.


Happy Crafting

14 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous I love the dies and the colours are beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are elegant and very beautiful cards Kathy

gr karin

Enfys said...

Just gorgeous! Think this is my favourite as well x

Dawn said...

Beautiful. I love a die set that you can mix and match with others. x

Sylvia said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards, love the first blue and white one.

Sylv xx

Brawny x said...

Two fabulous cards Great colours x

Shabneez said...

Worth waiting for! Definitely with you in terms of favourites as I like the first of your duo too. Gorgeous colour palette you've used as well Kathy. Shabneez x

Kate M said...

Beautiful colours, beautiful dies, beautiful cards!!
Love em!
Xx

Kate M said...

Beautiful colours, beautiful dies, beautiful cards!!
Love em!
Xx

Karen said...

So beautifully classic Kathy! I love that 1st card and clever you to think of nesting them x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

both of these are just stunning! Great job

Unknown said...

Two stunning cards Kathy. I really love the sentiment on the first one, it looks great with the stars around it. Cathy x

Unknown said...

Love this card, it's given me a great idea for my Christmas cards this year. Thanks x

Laine said...

Stunning cards Kathy.
Laine
xx