Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Allsorts, Layered


Hello there!

What?  Blog posts on consecutive days?  What's wrong with the woman?! 🤣🤣
How is your day going?  The weather is a bit mixed here just now - one minute sunny, the next a bit grey.  Typical Spring weather really.  
At last Hubby's cold seems to be receding, it's another home-working day today, so we'll see how he's feeling later when the thought of going to the office tomorrow rears its head.  He's just done a Skype meeting and I could hear lots of coughing and sniffing from the various "attendees" so it's obviously affected quite a few of them.
Anyway, I have another craft project to share with you and it's a little gift box this time
The new March sketch launches today over on The Sketch File and I thought I'd see if I could shrink it down to make a decorative all-in-one closure and tag for the gift box.
Actually this box is made the same way as several gift bags I've made before and there is a link to my tutorial in the side bar.
The Sketch File, March 2017




This time I used a strip of about 20cms cut from a sheet of 12x12 paper.  By the time the base is created and the top is folded in to make a neat edge the box stands about 10-12 cms high.  It's already gone to the recipient so my measurements are a bit approximate!
As these are usually gift bags I add some handles, but for this I cut a piece of cream card, made a fold at about 2cm from the top and rounded off those two corners.  This tab would eventually be glued to the back of the bag.
I added some pretty paper to the front section of the closure then made the holes for the ribbon; folding the closure piece in place I used my Cropodile to make the holes through all the layers.
Info
All Papers and letter stickers from "Hello Gorgeous" 12x12 (My Minds Eye)
Circle flower piece and rolled roses cut from the same papers
Leaves are created using a flower petal punch (Tonic) with the petals separated.
Ribbon from stash
Once all the pieces were in place I glued the folded tab to the back of the bag, then threaded the ribbon through the holes, knotted the ends and tied a bow.
These papers are glittered, so they are very pretty!

That's my lot for today.  It would be fab if you'd join in with us this time over at
The Sketch File You can use the sketches to make anything your like - even just a little part of a larger project if you like. 

Thank you for popping by today, and if you'd be kind enough to add yourself to my Followers over in the sidebar that would be just wonderful!  And I'll reciprocate, of course!

See you soon 😎
 

12 comments:

Katie said...

Nice and sunny by me but still not warm enough to put the PJs away lol. Love this gift box and gorgeous colours

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful decorated bag Kathy
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a stunning gift bag it is a great way to interpret the sketch. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Karen Mortensen said...

Lovely bag Kathy, beautifully decorated xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous gift bag Kathy. Such a clever way to interpret the sketch. I've been freezing all day today, wish summer would hurry up! Cathy x

Tracy Welham said...

Great idea to shrink the sketch, the bag looks totally gorgeous. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Miri said...

Wow! What a lovely gift bag! It looks like spring and sunshine and everything nice.

Angelnorth said...

Very fresh and pretty-looking, not sure I'd want to open it!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what a lovely bag, it's like a present in itself

Lyne said...

I love your rolled roses. I'll have to look for a tutorial on those

Jan said...

I love this Kathy xx Jan

Shabneez said...

This is such a pretty personalised project. I had a cold last week and am still coughing - so much going round. Get well soon to your hubby xxx