Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Seeing Stars

Another card using the July sketch from The Sketch File today.  I needed a fairly quick to make masculine card, so turned to my usual go-to motif of stars.  I really should make an effort to find something else to use for a change!

I thought I'd have enough suitably coloured bits in my Funky Hand scraps box to match up with the stars on the background I'd already stencilled in the blues and browny shades - yes, I know I should plan these things first, but where's the fun in that.......Luckily it all worked out okay, the "celebrate" was a bit of an after-thought. but does bring it all together nicely

Materials and Tools
Smooth white card blank with extra for stencilled panel
Papers from various Funky Hand collections 
Brown Bazzill card
Printed Twill ribbon, Inks by Versamagic 
Stencil: 
Stars (Memory Box)
Dies: 
Nested Stars (Taylored Expressions) 
"celebrate" (Tim Holtz)
LO July Sketch The Sketch File
The Sketch File

That's if for today, thanks for visiting I hope you like what you see :)


12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful Kathy.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Laine said...

Fabulous construction and detail Kathy.
Laine
xx

Jan said...

Love your card Kathy and the sketch xx Jan

Dawn said...

Perfectly put together Kathy!
I love stars, they're great for male or female cards!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Andree said...

This is a great card Kathy. Fabulous layout and papers xx

SweetPea Stationery said...

I love this card, the colours and stars are lovely.

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fab card, love the design!
Hugs Donna x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card I love the nested stars. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just the perfect papers matched together and a gorgeous layout!

Angelnorth said...

Why mess with what works? The stars look great for a fab masculine card!

Chris said...

What a fab card, love the design and colours. Chris xx

Brawny x said...

Fab card...great design x