Friday, December 12, 2014

Shaky - In More Ways than One


I've never had much luck with Shaker cards, so my heart sank when Sharon issued the latest challenge for The Daring Cardmakers.
But a challenge is a challenge!
Hi, it's Sharon here with this week's dare and I've chosen:
Shake it Off
I want to see shaker cards this week, and I'd really love to see some creative ways to fill them.
To get you thinking,t here are some ideas from the design team HERE

Tools and Materials
Papers: Simple Stories 6x6 pads
Glitter card, Gold card
Memory Bos Snowflake Wreath die
Sweet Dixie tree die
Spellbinders Circle die
Tiny snowflakes and stars left over from other projects
Glitter, Gems,
Plastic packaging for shaker front (I can't find my acetate sheets) 

As usual when I try to make this kind of card it's a bit of a dog's breakfast and I think it looks more like fog than a starry, snowy scene behind the acetate! 


 It would be too easy to say, "I'm useless at these things so I'll just sit this one out" wouldn't it?.  What I like about being involved with the DCM is the variety of things we are asked to do, and how some weeks' dares will stretch some of us, but not others - we are all different and we all bring different likes. dislikes, skills, styles and techniques to the party - which is probably why we still enjoy doing it every week!
So if you've never made a shaker card before, or if like me they are not something you feel super-confident about - go on, have a go - I dare you!

Thanks for visiting



4 comments:

Kaz said...

This is fab Kathy, I would have run screaming from this one! I love the snowflakes and glimmers bits xxx

Angelnorth said...

I like the bold "peace & joy" pulling it all together Kathy - well done on not giving in to the inner "I can't"!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Well considering it's something you really didn't want to try, you've done an AMAZING job! I think it's a beautiful card x

Dawn said...

Stunning. So festive. The tree and snowflakes are so pretty.