Friday, November 28, 2014

Cottoning On....

Another Friday another Daring Cardmakers day and this time it's Jo setting the challenge


It's Jo here with this week's dare;
Cottoning On!
This week, I'd like to see some cotton on your cards, cotton thread, cotton wool, cotton yarn...
The DT have created some beautiful cards to inspire you; and you can see them all by clicking HERE

A couple of years ago I bought a pack of beautiful fabric "trims" which were part of a Websters Pages Christmas range.  I will admit that I've not really used much of them so this challenge was a great opportunity to hunt them out.
With the lovely, quite wide and rather opulent piece of fabric as a starting point there didn't seem much point in half measures, so I threw all my favourite card-making "excesses" at this one - ribbon, lace, a big flower, some glitter and lovely rich shades - this was fun to put together

 
I've been playing around with Paint Shop Pro on the pc using different fonts and quotations etc to make some sentiments for my cards.  This is one of those I've made - having worked out the layout and which font to use for the words I then added the little holly motifs which are from a Christmas dingbat font (found on DaFont) - I just "coloured" them in later with the "fill" tool.  
What you end up with is something along the lines of a stamped sentiment, but with the added bonus of being able to resize it, or even change the font or icons if you want



Tools and Materials:
Cream, ribbed card blank
Cream card, lightly inked for printing sentiment panel
Dark red glitter card,  Dark red Stickles glitter glue
Red, Yellow and Green Bazzill card for flower
Gold card
Wide Christmas fabric "ribbon" (Websters Pages)
Cream cotton lace (Charmed Cards and Craft)
Very narrow Red stain ribbon
Gold lurex ribbon (under the lace)
Border punch (Martha Stewart)
Poinsettia die (MFT DieNamics) 
Tiny Holly die (Memory Box) 

Although there's lots going on in this card and quite a few "processes" involved this all went together really easily.  Funny how things do that sometime

Thanks for coming by, I hope you like my card


3 comments:

Kath said...

It's a beautiful card, Kathy. So rich.

Angelnorth said...

Identifiable as a "Kathy card" at 20 paces! Lots of lovely, festive details - looks great!

Jo said...

The flower is beautiful :) Gorgeous card, kathy :D

jo x