Friday, September 12, 2014

friday Night is......

Another Friday and another challenge from The Daring Cardmakers
This week it's Leo's turn and she says:
I'd like you to to think:
Food Glorious Food
Create a card that features some form of food related design. It can be as simple as a foodie image or you could use some kind of food wrapping in your card or make up a cute and punny food related greeting. So long as there's something food related on your card it's all good!


Well, I did have a cupcake card half-made on my desk for this one, but then I changed my mind because, after all, Friday Night is Pizza Night!
I've used a template I made ages ago - it was good to give the Pizza Chef another airing. The tricky bit for this one was making the chequerboard patterned paper the right size for the apron.  I know I didn't have to make it that pattern, but I wanted to.  I like making extra complications for myself......haha
I found the pattern by using a Google image search, but resizing it so it would work on a tiny shape was the tricky bit and as I don't have much idea what I'm doing tbh, it took longer than it probably should.  Anyway, it's a handy size so I've saved it for future reference!
Materials and Tools
15cm square card folded to make an easel card
Peach, White, Red, Green. Yellow, Brown and Black Bazzill card
Extra white Bazzill to print the check design
Pizza Chef is cut from my template using Silhouette Cameo as are the two background circles, the banner and the "enjoy" lettering
Red border design is cut with an EK Success punch
"Happy Birthday" is pc generated

I hope you'll pay a visit to the DCM Blog to see all the food related cards we've come up with this week - it should be a feast for the eyes if not the tummy!

Thank you for popping by

2 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Great to see Luigi (as I like to think of him) again - fab bright card!

Dawn said...

Friday night is pizza night in our house too. However I can not indulge at the moment to many carbohydrates. But I do love you card. x