Friday, June 06, 2014

Understated

It's the first dare of the month and that means a Colour Challenge for the Daring Cardmakers.
This  time it's my turn to choose the colour palette.  I really wanted to add an extra challenge by avoiding my favourite pastel aquas and peachy shades, and I'll tell you something,.....it wasn't easy!
I now have a lovely little(large) stock of beautiful photos with those pastel palettes hidden away for future reference ;)
After a happy hour browsing the interweb I found a lovely palette of mauve, black and neutral shade which I think is beautifully understated and elegant - just like me, really..... hahahahahahaha - that'll be the day.




Here's what I made
 ....oh what a surprise - another paper peony! Are you bored with these yet? I'm not bored with making them, and have others I've not shared on here yet, so be warned!



I made a card base made from some pale mauve pearlescent card, then as so often, I turned to my Funky Hand stash to help me out with the other colours, printing out papers from various downland collections; mainly "Hearts and Flowers" and "Salt and Pepper", plus some Bazzill card scraps to match the colours on my inspiration photo. 
It must have been something subliminal that made me choose the black and white spotty design paper!

The LO is based on the June sketch from The Sketch File
I forgot that I was going to add some ribbon, but maybe that would have been "too much" anyway

The twirly, swirly bits are cut using flourish dies from Spellbinders, Memory Box and MFT-DieNamics, the border Punch is by EK Success

As usual the DCM design team have created some beautiful cards, which you can see HERE

That's it for today, thanks for looking in - it would be fab if you'd leave a message ;)

4 comments:

Kaz said...

That's so beautiful Kathy, very sophisticated. You do make me laugh when you choose the theme! One time you'll make it easy for yourself!!
Love those swirls and I'm happy for you to keep making those peonies ;) xxx

Lythan said...

Gorgeous card and that is a bee-yoo-tiful peony. Don't stop adding them :)

Kath said...

Love the peonies and I am not a bit bored with them. Are you going to do a tutorial for them?
love the colour scheme.

Angelnorth said...

The peony looks much more dramatic in this colourway. Another lovely card!