Friday, February 07, 2014

A Glimmer of Sunshine

Here in the UK the weather has been appalling - so much rain, so much flooding, so much suffering - it seems like it's been raining for ever. My heart goes out to those people, particularly in the west country who are really up against it, with homes flooded out and villages cut off because of all the water. 
When will common sense prevail and they'll stop building on flood plains and they'll realise that there was a good reason that  rivers and streams were regularly dredged in the past?  That old saying "A stitch in time saves nine" springs to mind, eh?
It might not solve the problem entirely, but surely it would help. We seem to lurch between deluges like this and water shortages like a couple of years back atm
Kathy climbs off her soapbox.



Over on The Daring Cardmakers today  Leo has chosen the February colour combo - and it's a bit like when the rain stops and the sun comes out with a grey, yellow and orange palette that we've all enjoyed using this week.  The blog looks gorgeous and definitely worth a look.


The Sketch File
My card is very simple and Kaz and Joanne will be amazed to see so much white space!  I didn't even do my usual trick of "lifting" the white space by sneaking in a bit of embossing.

I've used the February LO from The Sketch File for my card, I've just moved the feature area down to the bottom corner. 

 I couldn't decide on the "where to put the sentiment?" question - so I left it off. 
Still not sure that it doesn't need something else though...


Materials and Tools
2 x Grey-green papers from MME "Miss Caroline
Ribbon and Twill tape
Lokta paper for flower
Grey flat backed pearls
SU Blossom punch
2 x plain circle Nesties 

I love using the handmade Lokta paper for flowers, this peachy-orange stuff I bought in France a few years ago and is a bit tricky to cut because the thickness varies so much between tissue-thin and bulky bumpy bits but I think it's worth preserving as the end result is so soft and pretty

Here's a quick peek at Leo's inspiration photo for this challenge
Image source: Pinterest
That's it for this time.
Thanks for visiting


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Kathy and I love the white space, it really doesn't need anything else!

Kaz said...

It's beautiful Kathy, and I'm loving you showing more white space ;) !! Love those colours together xxx

Angelnorth said...

Really pretty colour combo and your flower is gorgeous, as always!

Kath said...

Beautiful. I love the white space too and agree it doesn't need anything else. I love the flower, so delicate looking.

Karen said...

Oh Kathy, you always make such beautiful flowers!!!! I love this card and admire your white space :-D xxx

Lythan said...

I hadn't recognised the sketch! Love the card and the flower is amazing

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

That flower is gorgeous! You're so good at making beautiful blooms.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hello Kathy,

Ohhh lala!

♥ the way you've incoporated the washi into your sweet creation! Its romantic and inviting.

Blessings,
Barb

Hazel said...

Gorgeous colour combo and love your take on it, Kathy x