Friday, January 17, 2014

Coffee, Anyone?

After  last week's blog-fest, I'm back to being rubbish at updating my blog.  Must try harder....

This week it's my turn in the Daring Cardmakers challenge-setting hot-seat:
"What's Your Tipple?"
 or alternatively, "I'll Drink to That!"
- it's all about the things we like to drink;  Tea, Coffee, Wine, Beer, Drinking Chocolate.....and the bottles, cups, glasses and mugs we use for them too
I love my cappuccinos, but at this time of year it's often a big mug of thick, rich, hot chocolate that hits the spot.  I like to heat the milk using the steamer bit of my cappuccino machine so I can top the mug off with some milky froth... mmmm I think I'll go and make one NOW!


So to recap (and get myself back on-topic) this week I'd like to see lots of drinks and drinking vessels on your card.

Cheers!
For my card I've used something from Funky Hand that fitted the bill perfectly.  I had to get Anice's go-ahead to show this one as this fab image is so new it's not even available to buy yet - but it will be soon - so check out the shop at the end of January!
What you will get when you buy this download is the plain image so that you can print and colour, or paper-piece, or use however you prefer.
For my card I did most of the preparation work on the computer, selecting the parts of the image I wanted to print on the different layers, then layering the image onto the paper designs before printing out all the bits ready to stick together.  The papers I've used are from Funky Hand's "I Love You Sew" download collection, I printed extra designs to use for the background of the card.
Although it took a while to do all the digital prep work, the actual card then took about 5 minutes to cut out the layers and glue together!  I made the coffee mug stand out from the card by adding a box hinge behind it.
Materials
White square card blank
Coffee Take-Out mug Digital Image from Funky Hand (coming end of January)
All papers: "I Love You Sew" Digital  Download, also Funky Hand 
printed onto white Bazzill card
Scrap of card to make the hinge
Well, that's got to be the shortest materials list ever!
Please head over to the DCM BLOG and check out all the fab cards the team have made this week - and of course, it would be great if you'd join in and play along with us this week.
Thanks for visiting

5 comments:

Kath said...

Nice one Kathy. I like the downloads! Some good ones on the DCM site too.

Angelnorth said...

Great funky cup Kathy, love it!

Kaz said...

It was worth every minute or hour it took to do all the printing, cutting and matching up as it's gorgeous. Makes me want a coffee now, but it's too late in the day ;) xxx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I really love that coffee cup, and the design is beautiful x

Hazel said...

Love it, Kathy (sorry I'm so late in saying so - just having a bit of a blog hopping catch up) x