Friday, December 06, 2013

December Colours

It's the first Friday of the month and that means a Colour Combo Challenge for The Daring Cardmakers.  This time Zuzana is our hostess and the colours, and accompanying inspiration photo are perfect for winter time.  I suppose "Blue-tit Shades" just about sums it up.
Here's my card
Materials and Tools
Various shades of grey and turquoise Bazzill card and Glitter card.
The Yellow card is a Funky Hand design from the "Sleigh Ride" collection, printed onto white Bazzill card.
Turquoise seam binding, Pearls, Silver cord
Memory Box 3x stockings die
I made the sentiment in Paint Shop Pro and printed it onto the yellow card
 Head over to the DCM BLOG to see some really beautiful cards using these gorgeous colours

As I had the various pieces of card and other stash out - and because  I'd cut far more of those tiny stockings than I needed I thought I could use it to make another batch of Christmas cards. So I pared down the design to make a simpler, quicker to make card that is also "thinner" for posting.

In the end, I made quite a lot of the design with the deep border section, then as some of the printing went a bit awry I made a couple with banners on rather than wasting the resulting prints. 
After a while, as is so often the case with this sort of thing - I got a bit bored using the same colours so looked around for other colours to add in to the mix.  I haven't done photos yet, but imagine the same thing with some lilac and purple and you'll get the idea.
After a while I realised that using my Craft Robo to cut the rectangles - and rounded rectangles at that,  would be easier and more accurate - I wish I'd thought of it sooner, that's all!
That's me for today, back to the Christmas card making, but I'm nearly there now, thank goodness!

Thanks for looking, have a great weekend and please come back soon :)


3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

I really like the "pared down" versions, they look fab!

Kaz said...

Love your cards Kathy, but I did giggle at the 'blue-tit shades'!! xxx

Zuzana Obert said...

Love your cute Christmas stockings with beautifully done blue ribbon. Stunning card Kathy!
Zuz. Xxx (hug)