Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Olympic Inspiration

The inspiration for the new August sketch from The Sketch File comes from the Olympic rings.
I don't know about anyone else but I'm hugely enjoying watching the action - what with all the extra TV channels dedicated to specific events, the BBC website with lots of live coverage and the fab BBC App on my phone it's so easy to find interesting things to watch and so much more fun than it's ever been before.
I'm not and never have been any sort of sportsperson, but I just love watching loads of the different sports you get to see in an Olympic year.

This is my first project using  the Olympic tribute sketch:
It's really simple - I wanted to pare down the sketch to a small section of my card and keep the colours nice and crisp.
This is the sketch - I hope it inspires lots of people to join in with us this month

I cut the circles in the blue card using the smallest of the circles in my Spellbinders set, added the "circles" ribbon then used foam tape to fix the rectangle to the corner of the white card blank.

The letters were cut with Craft Robo and I couldn't resist adding a few black flowers and a big white pearl.  
You've got to admit though that this is pretty minimalist for me!

I've been pretty rubbish with blogging my stuff lately so I have a few things I've not shared yet - I'll try to catch up with blogging those soon.

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you like the sketch and will click HERE to find more ideas for using it - it would be fab if you'd have a go at making something using it.

5 comments:

Jo said...

That is a fab card Kathy - love the sketch too - I may have to have a go next week when things are a little quieter :)

Traceyr said...

I agree that the coverage is a huge bonus and the reason I am watching so much sport I ♥ it!

Great card Kathy and one challenge I will try to do. :)

Karen said...

I am so loving the olympics as well Kathy! Just wish we had this sort of coverage every time! Your sketch & card are perfect xxx

Hazel said...

Super card - great inspiration from the Olympics x

Kath said...

Great card, Kathy. I too am thoroughly enjoying the Olympics.