Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Catch the Bug

Something's definitely bugging me, but such is life!
Actually the title really refers to a couple of my "makes" for Crafty Templates this month.  The new set went live a few days ago and as usual I'm a bit late blogging my projects - though in my defence,I'm getting better as this is not as late as I've been in other months!
I thought I'd show a couple of cards today and save a third for tomorrow...or another day, anyway ;)!
I used the butterfly template to make this card
I cut the various butterfly pieces 3 times each and layered them up.  For the wings I first curled each one up slightly and only adhered them together at the points - to keep the rest of the wing pieces separate I added a tiny piece of waste card between the layers.
Next in the "Bugs" line up is this Happy Bee.  My original plan was to make more of a regular card, with a Ha-Bee Birthday message, but in the end I thought I'd have a go at making him into a shaped card

I was a bit worried about how his antennae would survive the postal system, so added a grassy background to the bee shape to give a bit more support.
I used some of the lovely fabric in the Crafty Goodies Kit to make the wings, then covered the ends where they are attached to the card with a flower made from the Kesi'Art blooms also in the Goodies Kit
Materials:
From the Crafty Goodies Kit: Most papers, fabric, flowers
Other supplies: MME papers, Seam Binding, Rangers Enamels for the Bee's facial features


Thanks for visiting

1 comment:

Kaz said...

Oo those are fab Kathy. I really love the bee. xxx